While we may not be able to visit ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at the moment, we can still remember the delicious taste of their popular Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings. And now, thanks to Disney, we can enjoy these wings right at home! Happy cooking, Disney fans.
Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings from ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Serves 4 to 6
CORIANDER CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds chicken wings or drumettes, patted dry
HONEY WING SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
FOR CORIANDER WINGS:
- Preheat oven to 500°F, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in large glass bowl; stir to combine. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Divide chicken in single layer between prepared baking sheets and bake until browned and completely cooked through, about 35 minutes, rotating baking sheets on racks and turning chicken halfway through cooking.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
FOR WING SAUCE:
- While wings are baking, combine ingredients in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens and reduces to a syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush or toss baked chicken with wing sauce to coat. Serve with remaining wing sauce on the side or with preferred dipping sauce.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.