Succulents are the perfect house plant and add a fun pop of color to any party. Turn this current trend into a yummy Disney dessert with Hidden Mickey Succulent Cupcakes. This recipe from DisneyFamily will have your whole family getting in on the design. Enjoy!
Hidden Mickey Succulent Cupcakes
- 1 Cup frosting
- Green, yellow, and taupe gel food coloring
- Piping bags
- Piping tips (#16 and #101)
- Piping nail (like this one)
- Parchment paper
- Cupcake liners
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Divide the frosting into 4 bowls. Tint 3 of them various shades of green, using more or less of the yellow food coloring. Then, tint the last bowl taupe.
2. Place a batch of the green frosting in a piping bag fitted with tip #101.
3. Put a dab of frosting on the piping nail and place a square of parchment paper on top.
4. Pipe the design with the wider part of the tip near the parchment paper and the narrower part on top.
5. Pipe a mound of frosting on the parchment paper and then start piping the petals in a circular motion, rotating the piping nail as you go.
6. Once the flower shape is complete, slide the parchment paper off the nail and place it on a small baking tray. To create the Mickey design, you will need 1 large flower for the face and 2 smaller ones to form the ears.
7. Repeat piping instructions with the different shades of green frosting. Once all the designs have been piped, place the tray in the freezer for 2 hours for the designs to firm.
8. Using half of the taupe frosting, spread the frosting over the cupcakes until they are level.
9. Once the succulent flowers are frozen, gently peel them off of the parchment paper and place them on the cupcakes to form a Mickey design.
10. Fit a piping bag with tip #16 and add the taupe frosting. Pipe small decorative designs onto the empty spaces.