Who’s the sweetest couple we know? You guessed it! Mickey and Minnie, of course. Now this popular duo just got even sweeter! Family.Disney.com created a Mickey & Minnie Cake Push Pops recipe that will have you skipping with your loved ones off to the kitchen to recreate. Happy baking Disney fans!
Mickey and Minnie Cake Push Pops
Ingredients: (serves 12)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- Red food or gel dye
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Yellow and black food/gel dye
- Chocolate chips
- Piping bag and tips
- White chocolate chips
- Yellow chocolate candies
Helpful Tip: For a short cut, use pre-made black and yellow frosting.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Beat together sugar and applesauce in a large bowl. Add in eggs and extract, and beat together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour and baking powder. Then add your flour mixture into your wet mixture, combining well.
4. Add in milk and red food coloring until you reach the desired red color you would like. Mix well. Pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Allow to cool completely, then cut cylindrical shapes out of your cake by pressing the push pops into your cake.
6. Take your cake pieces out of the push pop by sliding the push stick up until the cake pops out of the top. Set cake aside.
7. Make chocolate discs to use as Mickey and Minnie ears by melting chocolate chips, and piping them into large circles on parchment paper. Place in the fridge to cool and harden for later.
8. Now make the frosting, beating together the butter and sugar until you get a thick, creamy texture. Separate your frosting into two smaller bowls, adding yellow food coloring to one, and black food coloring to the other.
9. Place yellow frosting into a piping bag with a star tip, piping at the bottom of your push pops.
10. For your Minnie cake push pop, lightly push white chocolate chips into your cake. (The cake should be soft enough to stick, or you can use a little frosting to “glue” the chocolate chips on). Place the cake part inside, on top of your yellow frosting.
11. For your Mickey cake push pop, add a layer of chocolate chips on top of the yellow frosting. Then use a little frosting to “glue” yellow chocolate candies onto your Mickey cake. Place cake on top of chocolate chips.
12. On both your cake pops, pipe black frosting on top of each cake push pop. Top with the chocolate ears that you made earlier. For Minnie, cut a bow shape out of your cake and place on top. Serve and enjoy!