Hats off to this vintage-inspired Minnie Mouse cupcake recipe from Family.Disney.com! Dressed up with a red, pillbox hat, blue polka-dots and a dainty-looking daisy, this is one sweet treat that any Minnie fan will love!
Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Cream cheese frosting
- 1 bag red candy melts
- White candy melts, ¼ cup
- Green candy melts, ¼ cup
- Yellow confetti sprinkles
- Sanding sugar
- 16 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- Muffin tin
- Blue polka-dot cupcake liners
- Small paper drinking cup
- Baking sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Kitchen tweezers
Helpful Tip: All baking should be done by an adult. Have little ones try to draw their own daisy!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil & water. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with blue polka-dot cupcake liners. Bake according to instructions on the cake mix box. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
2. Mash up 4 cupcakes into a small mixing bowl until a dough is formed. If the dough is too dry, add a bit of frosting to the mixture. Scoop out 2 Tbsp of the dough, roll into a ball, then cut each ball in half. Dip each halved cake ball into the red candy melts. Tap off any excess melts, then place onto a baking sheet fitted with parchment paper. While the melts are still setting, insert a toothpick into one side of the domed round. Allow to dry completely.
3. Use a ruler and marker to mark up the sides of drinking cup by 3/4”. Use scissors to cut around the cup so that the entire circumference is 3/4” up the sides of the cup.
4. Spoon 2 tsp of the warmed melts into the cup mold. Tilt the melts around to completely coat the inside of the mold & up the sides. Allow to dry completely & unmold. Use a dab of the red melts to attach a dipped half cake ball into the center of the molded “tart shell.”
5. Melt the white & green candy melts. Create the daisies by using toothpicks to “draw” small daisies onto parchment paper. Allow to dry completely, then flip over. Also use toothpicks to “draw” the green flower stems. Before the stems completely dry, attach a completed daisy onto the top end of each stem. Allow to dry completely. Use a dab of white melts to attach a yellow confetti sprinkle in the center of each daisy.
6. With a twisting motion, remove the toothpick from Minnie’s hat. Use kitchen tweezers to insert the stem of a completed daisy into the small hole. Tiny dabs of leftover red melts can be used as glue to secure the daisy to the hat.
7. Frost the cupcakes. Sprinkle a little sanding sugar atop the frosting. Place 1 mini sandwich cookie on each side of the cupcake as Minnie’s ears. Top the cupcake with Minnie’s Vintage Daisy Hat and enjoy!