Calling all Disney Fanatics! Have you considered the benefits of being an Annual Passholder? Here are ten reasons that it might make sense for you:
10. The Price Benefit – If you are going to do two or more Disney trips in a year, the annual pass is probably going to be a better value for you. Consider this scenario: you plan to do two trips to Disney, and you want to have a four day pass each time (obviously – four parks!). With each ticket costing you about $325, that’s gonna be around $650 for your eight park days. Guess what? An annual pass is $696. For potentially 365 park days. (In our dreams, right?) But seriously, for $46 more you could enjoy the flexibility to stay an extra day or two each time, as well as other amazing benefits.
9. The Hop-ability – Annual Passes allow you to hop between parks on the same day. You can add this option to multi-day passes, but the scenario above didn’t include that upgrade. Hopping is a nice perk. You can go to Animal Kingdom all day, then hop over to Magic Kingdom for the fireworks. You can go to Hollywood Studios in the morning, then literally walk over (via Boardwalk) to Epcot for lunch. Yes, you could get by without the hopping. But why should you?
8. The Free Parking – The scenario above also didn’t account for parking. $17 every park day really adds up! But Annual Passholders enjoy free parking at all the parks. So really, compared to multi-day tickets, the AP is actually saving you money at this point!
7. The Resort Discounts – Annual Passholders are eligible for deep discounts on resort prices at periodic times throughout the year. These rates are not entirely predictable, so you’ll need to keep your eyes open for them. However, at up to 45% off normal prices, it’s a perk that’s definitely worth watching for.
6. The Rental Car Discount – If you are flying to Orlando and prefer to have a rental car at your disposal (why not if parking is free?), Alamo will give Annual Passholders a 20% discount. Mention your AP status at booking and then show your discount card upon pickup.
5. The Other Amazing Discounts – Your black AP Discount Card is like money in your pocket, really. Don’t leave home without it! Pretty much anywhere you go on-property, there are discounts for passholders. Most food and merchandise is discounted between 10%-20% (with the exception of alcoholic beverages). Some special experiences are discounted at well. Mini-golf is HALF PRICE!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
4. The Insider Info – Four times a year your mailbox will contain extra magic in the form of the Mickey Monitor Newsletter. It will contain news about the parks as well as tips about utilizing the special privileges of your passes. You can also register on-line for special passholder emails to be sent to you. In addition, there is a dedicated call number for any questions you may have as a passholder regarding anything from renewals to reservations.
3. The Dining Plan Privileges – Annual Passholders are able to add a Disney Dining Plan to their discounted resort room package. This is a big deal, because normally discounts can’t be combined. However, think through your own ideals when reserving the DDP. Are you really going to utilize all the meals? If you’re not big foodies, your best bet may not be the DDP….you may do better paying for each meal using your discount card. That’s food for thought. 😉
2. The Magic Bands – Magic Bands are included at no extra charge with your annual pass. So even if you don’t plan to stay on-property during your visit, you will still enjoy the convenience of a Magic Band – for free! Plus, you’ll get an exclusive slider that distinguishes you as a passholder. Check out “Top 5 Things You Must Know About MagicBands.”
1. The Magnet – Admit it – you get a little giddy about anything that sports those lovable ears. Annual Passholders get a cute little “AP” magnet for their bumpers with a silhouette of our favorite mouse…just for bragging rights. It’s not necessary (you don’t need it for parking access or anything), but it sure makes your car look adorable, right?
As you can see, there is a lot to love about being an Annual Passholder. Take the plunge and feed your Disney obsession!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!