Normally the words free and Disney don’t go hand in hand, but I have rounded up a list of some freebies that Disney offers that you won’t want to miss on your next trip. I did some research to make sure these are as up-to-date as possible, and because I love free things as much as the next person, I am always looking for new things to add. Some of these are free things you can do outside the park (no park admission needed), some are things you can do inside the park and some are for any Disney property resort guest. Just make sure to check or call ahead.
Top 10 FREE Things to Do At Disney World
10. Firework Views – You don’t have to be in Magic Kingdom to enjoy the evening fireworks. All 3 of the resorts surrounding Magic Kingdom offer some excellent and free choices to sit back and enjoy the fireworks. Several of the resorts will have the music from the show playing also, so the only you are missing is the crowds.
9. Celebration buttons and stickers – No matter what you are celebrating, Disney has free buttons to help you make it public. Just visit almost any store throughout the parks and ask them for the button for your occasion. They have birthday, anniversary, honeymoon and then blank celebration ones for you to fill out. Then wear that button with pride. You will get lots of attention from the cast members and guest alike. Most cast members also carry Mickey stickers to pass out. My boys would make it a contest to see how many they had in their pockets at the end of the day and then we used them to decorate scrapbook pages later.
8. Movie nights by the pool – On many nights during the week, if the weather is good, the pools on the Disney properties will offer movie nights. It’s a fun way to relax after a busy day in the parks. You can do this at any of the resorts if you are a guest at any of them. Make sure to pack a snack or enjoy a cocktail from the pool bar too.
7. Campfire activities – It actually may surprise many that this nightly activity happens at many Disney resorts. The information is on the Disney website so check out the days and times and resorts. Over a campfire, the kids (and you) can roast marshmallows or just enjoy the company and warmth of the fire.
6. Monorail/Resort hop – If you happen to have a dining reservation planned at either Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, or The Contemporary, why not catch the monorail and ride it around those 3 hotels and Magic Kingdom? It’s a great way to explore other hotels, so stop and get off and have a look around, shop a little and grab a drink. You don’t have to worry about driving.
5. Electric Water Parade – We came across this pretty parade on our last trip. It starts after the sun goes down and runs every 15-20 minutes on the lagoon outside of Magic Kingdom. The parade floats are all lit up and float down the lagoon to music that is piped in through speakers all around. It isn’t long, but it’s nice to sit back and watch without a crowd around.
4. Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom – This free, interactive mission game is available in Magic Kingdom. Just stop by the Firehouse or Christmas Shoppe to pick up your map and all the tools you need to help Merlin fight Hades as he looks for the shards of a crystal hidden in Magic Kingdom. You may even find a few Disney pals along the way to help you out.
3. Free character pictures – If you are a Disney Visa card holder, make sure to check out the secret photo opportunities available. Every day at different parks you are able to take a picture with a character and then receive the print for free. Just check with the card website for times and locations. It makes for a great souvenir to take home.
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge – If you need a break from the wildlife in the parks, go take a look at the real wildlife at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Stop by the front desk and get an animal guide to help identify and learn about all the animals in the Savannah. Maybe you could even take a trip on the wild side and make dining reservations at one of the lodge’s fun and yummy restaurants.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Agent P’s Interactive World Showcase Adventure – Join your favorite platypus and help Perry keep Dr. Doofenshmirtz from getting away with any evil plots. Just visit a recruitment center in Epcot’s World Showcase and receive your mission and the interactive hand-held device and then you are on your way to becoming a secret agent too. You will get to visit all the countries and help Agent P at the same time.
There are several other things you can do that don’t cost money also. You can have “pixie dust” or glitter put in your hair to help you have a magical day. You can fill up any water bottle, spray fan or get a water cup from many places in the park to keep cool and hydrated. If you have the munchies stop by Ghirardelli’s for a free sample too. Not everything about Disney has to cost you small fortune, so take a minute to enjoy some of these freebies.
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!