While staying on Disney property has definite perks and pleasures, you can still enjoy a fabulous Disney vacation while staying just slightly off-property. In fact, some could argue you’ll have even more Disney fun by staying off-property, because you can afford to stay longer. Here are some fabulous finds just a stone’s throw from Disney that we think you’ll love…
5. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village – PIRATE. SHIP. POOL. Need we say more? The pool area alone will make you feel very Disney-vacation-like, for a fraction of the cost. Regular rooms at the Yacht or Beach Club (the ones with the pirate ship pool) go for at least $415. But at LBV Resort Village you can get a 2 bedroom suite for around $150 or a 3 bedroom suite for around $180. This is a no-brainer for big families. You’ll have room to spread out and cash to spend, while not compromising on fun. Complimentary shuttles to area attractions (including Disney – about 5 miles away) are available.
4. Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort at Bonnet Creek – If you like things fancy, this is your place. The gorgeous surroundings at the Wyndham will make you feel like a rockstar…on a groupie’s budget. While a little more expensive at around $240 for a room (not a suite, but rooms with bunkbeds for the kids are available), the Wyndham boasts a location that can’t be beat – right around the corner from Disney Springs. They also have a world-class spa on-site for extra pampering between park days.
3. Fantasy World Resort – These condos were made for active families! Activities abound: two waterslides, two pools, lazy river, splash pad, hot tubs, mini-golf, tennis, shuffleboard, arcade, fire pits, scheduled activities (including nightly Disney movies), and even indoor surfing. For around $200 you’ll get two beds and baths, a full kitchen, and even a screened porch. The bedrooms are all upstairs too, giving parents some hang-out space downstairs after little ones go to bed. The condos are located about 5 miles from Disney property with infrequent shuttles, but your family may find a 10 minute drive to be worth it for all the fun amenities.
2. Caribe Royal – Just a few miles away from the main Disney entrance, you’ll find Caribe Royal. Though they cater mostly to conferences, most of their amenities would appeal to the average family as well: 24 hour food service, 24 hour business center, huge fitness center, and tennis. The main pool has a refreshing waterfall and waterslide, and the overall decor is quite classy. With villas that sleep 8 going for $240, Caribe Royal might just be the perfect way to blend the tastes of the whole family.
1. Melia Orlando Suite Hotel – The Melia is located right in the adorable town of Celebration, adjacent to Disney World. For around $200 you’ll get a two bedroom suite with kitchen and balcony, and complimentary shuttle to the parks. Plus you’ll have the opportunity to explore the town of Celebration and enjoy its activities, including water sports, golf, old town walking streets, and restaurants. A great way to feel “Disney” without the price tag.
We think these are a selection of great slightly-off-property choices for your stay. But the surrounding area has so much more than just these resorts. If you prefer to stay off-property on your Disney trips, share some of your stories with us. Where have you had a great experience close to Disney World?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!