It’s arrival day! The day you begin your Disney vacation and arrive at your resort is the best day ever, and you’re bound to be just as excited as Princess Anna was on Coronation Day! After traveling all morning, you’re ready to get your fill of Disney magic. Here are seven things you can do on your arrival day to kick your trip off right:
7. Disney Springs – A trip to Disney Springs is an excellent way to start your trip at the most magical place on earth. The best part about Disney Springs? It’s free to get into, and there is an abundance of things you can do! You and your family can catch a movie, go bowling, shop until you drop or grab a bite to eat.
6. Plan Out Your Trip – Arrival day is the perfect day to plan for the rest of your vacation—if you haven’t already done so. You can make fastpasses, secure dining reservations and figure out which park you want to do on which day.
5. Unpack – If you’re staying for several days, unpacking is always a good idea. It can be hard to get ready early in the morning when you’re running around trying to find everything you need in all of your bags! I love to separate and lay out my outfits ahead of time…along with the pair of Mickey ears I plan on wearing because obviously I own more than one pair.
4. Resort Hop – Resort hopping is a lot of fun, but we seldom make time for it when we plan a trip to Disney. Instead of rushing to a park, explore the different resorts and prepare to fall in love! Every resort has its own store and some even have free activities you can partake in, such as a movie on the beach (which is outside of the Yacht and Beach resorts) and a campfire sing-a-long (which is at Disney’s Fort Wilderness).
3. Have a Nice Meal – Booking a nice ‘welcome home’ meal is always a good idea. The best part is that even if you don’t have tickets to the parks, you can still dine at any other restaurant on Disney property. In fact, the resorts have some of the best restaurants I’ve been to. If you want a and Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and interact with some beloved characters including Cinderella and Prince Charming!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Explore Your Resort – Staying on property is a treat, but it can be so easy to go your entire vacation without spending any time at your resort! You’re paying a pretty penny to stay there—you might as well enjoy everything it has to offer! Take a dip in the pool, have some Mickey waffles and take a ton of pictures—Disney resorts are so beautifully designed, after all.
1. Hit The Parks – If you’re impatient like me, you probably want to get into the parks right away and there is nothing better than starting your Disney vacation off in your favorite park! The best part is that you still have the rest of your vacation, so you can take your time and not feel like you have to rush to get everything done.
Arrival day can be hectic and long, but it doesn’t mean it can’t end on a high note. Whether you’re full of energy or wanting to take it slow, there are plenty of things you can do to add some magic to your first day of vacation at Disney.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!