Walt Disney World excels at nighttime shows and spectaculars. Arguably the best of these is “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth”, shown nightly around the World Showcase lagoon in Epcot. This spectacular show celebrates humanity with stunning fireworks, impressive lighting effects, and a magnificent musical score. There are good views all around the lagoon, but to get the full effect, you should consider one of these prime viewing locations.
8. World Showcase Plaza – This area is “front and center”. It’s where the Future World section of Epcot meets World Showcase. Tip: Since Epcot closes after the show, this is a great location for beating the crowds as you exit the park.
7. La Hacienda de San Angel – Would you like to enjoy a nice meal while watching the show? Call 407-WDW-DINE up to 180 days before your vacation to secure a dining reservation at Disney’s newest Mexican restaurant. The music is piped into the restaurant and the lights are dimmed. Almost every table has a good view. Tip: Ask for a table by the window for prime viewing.
6. Benches in China – This view is partially obstructed by an island in the lagoon, but the advantage here is that you get a seat, as opposed to sitting on the ground. Plus, there is a restroom nearby in the China pavilion. Tip: Grab some eats from nearby Mexico, Norway, or China and enjoy your dinner waterside while waiting for the show.
5. The Italy Isola (Island) – This area, on the lagoon side of the Italy pavilion is often used for private parties. On occasions when it’s open, it provides one of the best viewing locations around World Showcase. Tip: If you take the Undiscovered Future World backstage tour, one of the perks is reserved viewing in this location.
4. Upper Level Terrace at Tokyo Dining – This location in the Japan pavilion offers two advantages: It’s elevated for unobstructed viewing and it’s covered in case of rain. Tip: this spot can often be secured just minutes before the show starts.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. The Rose & Crown Dining Room – Located in the UK pavilion, this is another great place to enjoy a meal during the show. Tip: Ask for a waterside table, but don’t worry if one is unavailable. During the show, you can stand next to the rail.
2. The bridge between the France and UK pavilions – This spot is elevated for good viewing. Tip: This is a great location for a quick exit if you are staying at an Epcot resort hotel.
1. The Canada Pavilion – There are several locations here for good viewing, including along the wooden fence, near the water, and the upper level of the pavilion near the Trading Post. Tip: Arrive early as these locations fills up quickly.
Illuminations photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper