Turn That Frown Upside Down With This Eeyore Cupcake Cone Recipe
When most people think of the Hundred Acre Wood squad they jump right to Winnie the Pooh—but, despite his protests, we’d never overlook Eeyore! These yummy and adorable Eeyore Cupcake Cones from Family.Disney.com are sure to brighten up anyone as gloomy as him. Happy baking, Disney fans!
Eeyore Cupcake Cones
EGG YOLK BATTER:
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 Cup cake flour
Pink and violet food coloring
EGG WHITE MERINGUE:
2 egg whites
1/8 Tsp cream of tartar
3 Tbsp sugar
Melted milk and white chocolate
Ice cream cones
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
1. Prepare egg yolk batter by whisking the egg yolks and sugar together until the sugar melts. Then add in vanilla extract, oil, milk, and salt. Mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well.
2. Then prepare egg white meringue by whisking the egg whites with cream of tartar for 1 minute, then gradually pour in sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form.
3. Scoop out 5 teaspoons of egg yolk batter and 10 tablespoons of egg white meringue. Gently fold them together. Then scoop out 2 teaspoons of egg yolk batter, add in pink food coloring, and gently fold in 4 tablespoons of egg white meringue.
4. Add in violet food coloring to the remaining egg yolk batter. Gently fold in the remaining meringue. Then scoop batter into dome molds (they should be a little bigger than the ice cream cone opening).
5. Bake at 300° F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cakes cool down completely before removing them from the mold.
7. Use white cake to cut out Eeyore’s face. Use icing to attach onto the cake. Then use a knife to make indentations onto Eeyore’s face.
8. Use melted milk chocolate to draw Eeyore’s features. Place the chocolate in a zip-top bag, cut a small hole, pipe on parchment paper, leave in fridge to harden, and then peel off. (You can also pipe directly onto the cake but it will be messier). Use icing to attach onto the cake.
9. To make Eeyore’s ears, use a knife to cut the violet and pink cake into slices. Then use a pair of scissors to cut out ears. Use a knife to make cuts where the ears should be, then dip the ends with a little icing before inserting in.
10. Coat rim of ice cream cone with melted chocolate before coating with sprinkles. Place cake in cone and serve immediately.
We are Disney nerds. Two kids at heart who love the magic and the memories of Walt Disney World! We follow all things Disney and have great experiences with Disney Vacation Club and RunDisney events in particular. We enjoy the vacations, day trips, weekend getaways and geek out over the planning of such events. From lodging to dining to Fastpasses we have a spreadsheet for every occasion. Mike’s frivolous Disney goal is to acquire a magic band of every style while Jamie’s goal is to experience as many Disney desserts as possible. Usually there isn’t a day that passes without some discussion of the master plan of our next trip to the happiest place on earth. Most people think we’re normal – until they travel to Disney with us. We have been married for 16 years and are blessed with a daughter and a son who have already learned the importance of planning ahead! As a family we thoroughly enjoy the magic and the memories at Walt Disney World and are here to help others experience the magic as well.