When most people think of the Hundred Acre Wood squad they jump right to Winnie the Pooh—but, despite his protests, we’d never overlook Eeyore! These yummy and adorable Eeyore Cupcake Cones from Family.Disney.com are sure to brighten up anyone as gloomy as him. Happy baking, Disney fans!
Eeyore Cupcake Cones
- EGG YOLK BATTER:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup cake flour
- Pink and violet food coloring
- EGG WHITE MERINGUE:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 Tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- Dome molds
- Melted milk and white chocolate
- Zip-top bag
- Kitchen scissors
- Ice cream cones
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Prepare egg yolk batter by whisking the egg yolks and sugar together until the sugar melts. Then add in vanilla extract, oil, milk, and salt. Mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well.
2. Then prepare egg white meringue by whisking the egg whites with cream of tartar for 1 minute, then gradually pour in sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form.
3. Scoop out 5 teaspoons of egg yolk batter and 10 tablespoons of egg white meringue. Gently fold them together. Then scoop out 2 teaspoons of egg yolk batter, add in pink food coloring, and gently fold in 4 tablespoons of egg white meringue.
4. Add in violet food coloring to the remaining egg yolk batter. Gently fold in the remaining meringue. Then scoop batter into dome molds (they should be a little bigger than the ice cream cone opening).
5. Bake at 300° F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cakes cool down completely before removing them from the mold.
7. Use white cake to cut out Eeyore’s face. Use icing to attach onto the cake. Then use a knife to make indentations onto Eeyore’s face.
8. Use melted milk chocolate to draw Eeyore’s features. Place the chocolate in a zip-top bag, cut a small hole, pipe on parchment paper, leave in fridge to harden, and then peel off. (You can also pipe directly onto the cake but it will be messier). Use icing to attach onto the cake.
9. To make Eeyore’s ears, use a knife to cut the violet and pink cake into slices. Then use a pair of scissors to cut out ears. Use a knife to make cuts where the ears should be, then dip the ends with a little icing before inserting in.
10. Coat rim of ice cream cone with melted chocolate before coating with sprinkles. Place cake in cone and serve immediately.