Like the Magic Kingdom, Epcot requires at least two days to tour effectively. There is so much to see in World Showcase alone and you should take time to enjoy the details. For the purpose of this article, it is assumed you will tour early morning one day and have an afternoon arrival the second day. Suggestion: Use the Day 2-late arrival part of this plan on the day you get to Disney World. After you check into your hotel, you can jump right into the fun!
Day 1-early arrival
1) Plan to arrive at the front gate about 30 minutes before opening (earlier on really busy days). Grab a park map and times guide as you enter. Suggested Fastpass+ reservations are Mission:Space at 10 am, Frozen Ever After at 1:30 pm and Spaceship Earth at 4 pm.
2) Head to Future World East (turn left in front of MouseGear). Ride Test Track, see Ellen’s Energy Adventure and use your fastpass for Mission: Space. Browse the aforementioned MouseGear gift shop. Tip: Have your souvenirs sent to the front of the park for later pickup or even to your Disney hotel.
3) Staying on the same side of the park, go into World Showcase and ride Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico. Enjoy the pavilion, including the historical exhibits in the lobby. If you’re lucky, you’ll see Donald Duck or a mariachi group.
4) Grab an early lunch in one of the World Showcase countries. Suggestions include La Cantina de San Angel, Lotus Blossom Café in China, and Biergarten in Germany.
5) In the Norway pavilion, use your Frozen Ever After fastpass, go next door and see “Reflections of China”, and grab some candy in Germany at Karamell-Küche (with a working kitchen for Werthers Candy). Go to Italy, where great picture spots abound. See the Voices of Liberty and the show in American Adventure. Visit the Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan. If you’re hungry or thirsty, grab a nearby snack from one of the many World Showcase options.
6) Take one of the Friendship boats back to Future World and use your Fastpass for Spaceship Earth. Check out the nearby gift shops and The Art of Disney before exiting the park.
Day 2-late arrival
1) Arrive at Epcot about 4 pm. Suggested Fastpass+ reservations are Character Spot at 4 pm, Soarin’ at 5:00, and The Seas with Nemo and Friends at 6:00.
2) Turn right in front of the fountain and see your favorite Disney characters at Character Spot, using you fastpass. Then head to The Land pavilion. Use your Soarin’ fast pass and then ride Living with the Land. See the Circle of Life if you have children with you. Consider eating dinner at Sunshine Seasons in this pavilion.
3) When you exit The Land, turn left toward The Living Seas. Ride Nemo, using your fastpass, and then tour the aquarium. Go to the Imagination pavilion and ride Figment. Let your kids enjoy the games near the exit.
4) Take a scenic walk through the Future World gardens, toward Canada in World Showcase. See O Canada! hosted by Martin Short and then visit the UK pavilion. You might see Mary Poppins near the bridge going to France. If you haven’t eaten yet, grab some fish and chips in the UK.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
5) Head to France and see Impressions de France. Maybe grab an ice cream at L’Artisan des Glaces. Go to Morocco. Look for Aladdin and Jasmine here. Tip: Be sure to go all the way to the back of this pavilion.
6) See Illuminations. Secure a spot around World Showcase lagoon 30-60 minutes ahead of time. If you’re not in a hurry to leave, watch from World Showcase. If you want to beat the crowds out of the park, watch from Future World.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!