It’s our favorite Sugar Rush driver, Vanellope von Schweetz, from Wreck-It-Ralph! We’re seriously “glitching” over this super sweet DIY Vanellope Wreath as shared by DisneyFamily. Learn how to make your own, complete with candy details and a licorice bow.
We’re “Glitching” Over This DIY Vanellope Wreath
What You’ll Need:
- Foam wreath base
- White ribbon in a variety of sizes
- Thin purple ribbon
- Light aqua ribbon in a variety of sizes
- Straight pins
- Brown cardstock paper
- Bone folder and ruler for scoring paper
- Hot glue
- Red pipe cleaners
- Wooden dowels
- White craft foam
- Wooden discs in a variety of sizes
- Washi tape (pink, red, and sparkly acid-green)
- Buttons, stick-on pearls and embellishments that look like candy
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
How To Make It:
1. Begin by adding in the stripes of white and purple to the wreath. Fold ribbon over and pin into place. Continue folding and pinning until you have three white stripes and two purple stripes on the right side of the wreath, and two additional white stripes on the left.
2. Next, cover the rest of the foam wreath base with various sizes of light aqua ribbon. Leave a 4-inch blank space at the bottom of the wreath.
3. Cut a 4” x 12” piece of brown cardstock. Score it with a bone folder at one-inch intervals. Once it’s scored, accordion fold the entire piece to make pleats. Secure to the bottom of the wreath with hot glue. You will need to make it slightly smaller at the top by gluing the folds closer together at the top edge.
4. Create the licorice bow. Gently twist 10 red pipe cleaners together to make them into one giant piece. Bend and connect the ends so the pipe cleaners form an elongated loop. This will be the right side of the bow. Repeat with another 10 pipe cleaners to create the left side of the bow. Place the loops side-by-side to make the beginnings of your bow. Twist together a third set of 10 pipe cleaners. Fold the piece in half, gently. This will be the legs of the bow. Place it below the two loops. Finally, wrap a couple of pipe cleaners around the center of all of the pieces. This will create the knot of the bow. Use hot glue to tack it all into place, if needed.
5. Create the candy sticks. Hot glue a white foam circle to the tops of each dowel. Wrap each dowel in white foam sheets with hot glue. Wrap the dowel with washi tape to make candy stripes.
6. Create the candy pieces. Use washi tape to create triangles that will become the peppermint spiral shapes. Stick them onto the wooden discs. Use tacky glue to cover smaller wooden discs with glitter.
7. Attach the wooden candy pieces with hot glue. Stick on embellishments and pearls. Attach the candy sticks at the bottom, center of the wreath.
8. Finally, add the licorice bow at the bottom, center of the wreath, on top of the candy sticks.
9. Hang up your wreath by attaching a string to the back of the foam base. Use hot glue to secure the string into place.
Note: All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult. Keep tiny objects away from small children.