Disney is in the business of making dreams come true. But fulfilling some of those dreams comes at a premium price. Here’s a splurge checklist for when money is no object and nothing but the best will do…
20. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage – $70 per guest. Reserve a spot on a swashbucklin’ cruise to see the Wishes fireworks display. Before you leave from the Contemporary you’ll meet Hook and Smee and be treated to snacks and drinks. It’s a fairly economical splurge to make a little pirate feel special!
19. Night Safari – $70 per guest. They say the wild things come out at night. Well, at Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Night Safari you can see for yourself. The price is relatively low compared to other splurges, and a portion of the ticket price goes toward conservation efforts.
18. DestiNations Discovered – $109 per guest. How about a guided tour around World Showcase? It’s educational and entertaining – and even includes lunch in Morocco!
17. Dive Quest – $179 per guest. Ever dream of being on the other side of The Living Seas’ glass? If you are SCUBA certified this is the splurge for you!
16. Dolphins in Depth – $199 per guest. Get up close and personal with the friendly dolphins at The Living Seas. You’ll get wet – but no diving is required.
15. Backstage Magic – $255 per guest. See how the magic happens! This in-depth 7 hour tour will take you behind the scenes of all four parks, as well let you view places like the utilidoors and the on-property plant nursery. Lunch is included at the Wilderness Lodge.
14. Castle Package – $195 per princess. At Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique the ultimate package includes hair, makeup, nails, sash, costume, accessories, photos, and a tote. Forget princess – this experience is a splurge fit for a queen!
13. La Nouba Golden Circle – $150 per guest. When you must have the best seats in the house, reserve tickets in the premium Golden Circle for Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba at Disney Springs.
12. Wild Africa Trek – $250 per guest. Have you ever seen people balancing on a boardwalk above the crocs on Kilimanjaro Safari? No big deal, they’re just splurging on the Wild Africa Trek where you get adventurous animal encounters – of all sorts!
11. Perfectly Princess Tea Party – $250 for adult and child. A fancy splurge for mother and daughter should definitely include the best tea party at the Grand Floridian. Tea is just the beginning – this afternoon includes a character greeting and even a doll!
10. Grand Getaway – $435 per guest. If you deserve the best (and can afford it!), relax in style at Senses Spa. This package includes pedicure, massage, wrap, and facial. Ahhhh….
9. Italian Leather Backpack – $600. When a canvas cross-body simply will not cut it, pick up an authentic Italian leather backpack in – where else? – the Italy pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase.
8. Victoria and Albert’s – At least $150 per guest. Victoria and Albert’s is the height of fine cuisine at Disney World. With numerous courses and a jacket dress code, this is not your average fare. Caviar, scallops, Japanese beef…a delicious splurge, for sure.
7. Private Surf – $1100-$2100 per session. Hang ten! No need to wait on your set – Typhoon Lagoon produces the perfect wave every time! But it’ll cost you…
6. Private VIP Guide – $400-$600 per hour. Have a guide get your party VIP access to EVERYTHING at Disney – rides, parades, food, transportation. (My family won this once – trust me, amazing doesn’t even begin to describe it…)
5. Grand 1 Yacht Cruise – $1800 and up. A private yacht. A delicious dinner. Stunning fireworks. A butler, for goodness sakes. Sounds like a glorious splurge to me.
4. Kinkade Wishes Painting – $2300. Looking for the ultimate splurge souvenir? Check out Art of Disney in the Cinema on Main Street USA. Take this painting home to enjoy Wishes over the Castle for a lifetime.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Life Sized Yoda – $3000. When the Force is Strong and the Wallet is Full, you can take home a life sized Yoda statue from the Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios. But don’t forget – get him on the plane, you must.
2. Presidential Suite AKL – $2000-$3000 per night. For the most posh digs on property, reserve a night in the 2100 square foot Presidential Suite in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Or if you’re on a splurge budget, other Deluxe Resorts have similar spaces for closer to the $1800-$2000 mark.
1. Stay in the Castle – Priceless. That’s right. Even the most rich and famous do not have access to the elusive Cinderella Suite. Although a stay is sometimes granted to contest winners (and supposedly sometimes offered to random guests?), no amount of money will make this splurge-worthy dream a reality.
There you go – 20 dreamy splurges, when money is no object.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!