The Walt Disney World Dining Plan (available to Disney Resort guests) offers a convenient, affordable way to enjoy snacks and meals throughout the theme parks and resorts. There are several dining plans to choose from, which include quick service meal, table service meal and snack credits. The snack credits are the easiest to redeem and the variety of choices is amazing. A snack identifying logo appears on every menu, and when you check in at your resort you will be given a list of all snack credits. Try out some of my favorites.
10. Main Street Bakery, Featuring Starbucks—Main Street, Magic Kingdom—Snack credits here include any size Frappuccinos, Smoothies, Espresso, coffee, tea, a variety of muffins, Danish, brownies, fresh fruit, bottled water, orange juice, whole or lowfat milk, etc. This is a great way to jumpstart your early morning
visit to the Magic Kingdom.
9. Packaged Snacks—Dumbo’s Storybook Circus—Fantasyland—Magic Kingdom—There are a multitude of bagged candy and salty snacks for sale at Dumbo’s Big Top Souvenirs. In my opinion, this shop has the greatest number of choices, like gummies, chocolate covered candies, trail mixes, cotton candy, and many others. These prepackaged snacks are a great way to satisfy those in between meal snack attacks.
8. Sweet Treats—Main Street Confectionery—Main Street, Magic Kingdom—As soon as you pass in front of this pleasant little candy shop, you will notice the delightful aroma of freshly baked cookies, cupcakes, and other sweet surprises. Once inside this turn of the century confectionery, you will find yourself surrounded by every kind of scrumptious fruity, chocolaty, and salty delicacies just waiting to be bought and consumed. Here’s a small sampling of some of their yummy choices: several different flavors of fudge, chocolate dipped strawberries, cake pops, specialty cupcakes, chocolate dipped pineapple spears, rice krispie treats, packaged snacks, and much more. I challenge anyone to walk through this shop and not be tempted to try one of many
7. Pretzels—Harambe Fruit Market—Africa—Animal Kingdom—For a salty snack, try a warm salty Mickey pretzel, or even better, here at the Harambe Fruit Market, a very popular snack is the jalapeno cheese pretzel. This special pretzel is warm and stuffed with savory jalapeno cheese, giving it just the right amount of kick to wake up your taste buds. The Harambe Fruit Market has many other snack options, but this jalapeno stuffed pretzel is a great way to satisfy your salty craving.
6. Starring Rolls Café—Hollywood Studios—This corner café is another excellent dining choice to redeem some of your snack credits. Before you begin your day at Hollywood Studios, stop by this specialty bakery and choose from apple or cherry turnovers, assorted Danish, muffins, cupcakes, brownies, cinnamon rolls, assorted cereal with milk, croissants, fresh fruit tarts, etc. Use another snack credit for your choice of beverages.
5. Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café—Tomorrowland—Magic Kingdom—Here at Cosmic Ray’s, you can grab a snack, a chair, and spend a few moments being entertained by Sonny Eclipse, an animatronic alien lounge singer who delights the audience with his songs and comedy routine. It’s a really cool way to relax and have a meal or snack of chili cheese fries, regular fries, yogurt, chocolate or carrot cake, and a variety of beverage choices.
4. Asian Snacks—Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes—Asia—Animal Kingdom—If you’re visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom and get the urge for some Asian cuisine, you won’t have to go far to find some delicious Asian snacks. Follow the directions to Asia where you will find the Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes and choose from chicken fried rice, pork egg rolls, a basket of French fries, or for your sweet tooth, try the pineapple coconut cake or the triple chocolate mousse. These snacks are a nice break from the usual snack offerings.
3. Popcorn—At most Disney theme parks, including Walt Disney World, you will find popcorn carts in several places throughout all the theme parks, but my favorite place to get my daily dose of Disney’s delicious popcorn is at Dumbo’s Storybook Circus. The calliope style organ music, rides, and the Big Top Souvenir Shop, plus the aroma of freshly popped popcorn enhances the atmosphere of a real live circus. Many Disney visitors have remarked that Disney popcorn is the “best tasting popcorn in the world”. That is because Disney popcorn is vegan and gluten-free. Popcorn is naturally gluten-free, but at Disney parks, the kernels are popped in a combination of coconut, corn, and canola oil, and seasoned with kosher salt. Use a snack credit and find out for yourself what makes Disney popcorn so special.
2. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor—Main Street—Magic Kingdom—This small corner old-fashioned ice cream parlor is very popular and is one of the best places to satisfy your craving for a delectable, luscious, creamy, ice cream treat. My favorite choice is the All-American sundae (vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream topped with a cherry. I can almost taste it right now. Other cool menu choices are an ice cream sandwich, one or two scoops of ice cream on a cone, or try an ice cream float.
Find a place to sit along the parade route and enjoy your yummy dessert while enjoying one of Disney’s magical parades.
1. Corn on the cob—Liberty Square Market—This small vendor located just outside of the Hall of Presidents attraction in Liberty Square is sometimes overlooked by passers by, but on the menu is one of my all time favorite snacks, roasted corn on the cob. There are other choices here, like baked potato, baked sweet potato, carrot and celery sticks, fresh fruit, fruit cups, packaged chips, assorted beverages, and more. They are all good choices, but the corn on the cob is so different and delicious. There are shakers filled with different spices to sprinkle on your corn, but it really doesn’t need any extra flavor, because the savory smoky taste, and the tender and juicy kernels are all you need to thrill your taste buds.
Walt Disney World’s Dining Plan is definitely something to consider when you are planning a vacation at a Disney Resort. There are certain dates during the year that the Dining Plan is free at select Disney Resorts. If you are lucky enough to secure the free dining plan, you could easily save hundreds of dollars on your meals alone. I have listed a small sampling of the many snack credit choices available throughout the Disney theme parks and resorts. Have fun choosing your favorites!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!