Hollywood Studios is a classic Walt Disney World Park. The ambience of Hollywood Studios can make you feel like you are on the set of a movie or actually in a movie. One of the reasons is because of the special characters that can be seen around the park! Read below about 10 characters you can only see at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
10. Green Army Men: Located in Pixar Place, where Toy Story Midway Mania located in the morning and the afternoon you can find the Green Army Men. These are great characters to interact with. They don’t have a specific meeting location so you can find them just wandering in the crowd. They love to interact with people of all ages and pose for pictures. These characters are must see and you can only see them at Hollywood Studios!
9. Doc McStuffins: Doc McStuffins is a cartoon that has been playing on the Disney channel since 2012. Dottie or Doc McStuffins is great at fixing and helping her friends on TV. She can found to take pictures and give photographs outside Disney Jr. Live show area. She will be found in her doctor outfit ready to see new patients!
8. Phineas and Ferb: Phineas and Ferb are a great cartoon duo and Hollywood studios is the only place to meet and greet them at Walt Disney World! They can be found hanging out outside Muppet Vision 3-D. They are there in the morning and in the afternoon. Make sure to take time and meet these two.
7. Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates: Another great Disney channel cartoon Jake and the Neverland Pirates is a wonderful show for youngsters that incorporate some Disney classic characters like Captain Hook and Smee while combing them with new characters. Jake’s meet and greet area is located outside Disney Jr. Live. He is always there in the morning and the afternoon ready to sign autographs and pose for some terrific pirate photos.
6. Lightening McQueen and Mater: The two stars of the hit movie Cars by Disney/Pixar are only available for photographs and autographs at Hollywood Studios. While Lightening and Mater don’t make big movements, they do move their eyes, talk and honk. You can get their autograph by rubbing your autograph book on their tires!
5. Sofia the First: Sofia the First is another hit on the Disney channel. Sofia is a princess who lives in a kingdom with her royal family. She is available to meet near the Disney Jr. Live show. Sofia also makes an experience at the Hollywood and Vine for the character meals.
4. Sorcerer Mickey Mouse: While Hollywood Studios has taken down the Sorcerer Mickey hat in the park, it is still the only place where you can meet Sorcerer Mickey. Meeting the main mouse in his sorcerer apprentice outfit is a really popular meet and greet so you will want to find it and get there as soon as possible. Sorcerer Mickey can be found only in the morning (soon after park opens). He is waiting to meet you in the back of the park near the Studio Catering Company.
3. Mike Wazoski and James P. Sullivan: The stars of the hit Monsters Inc. can only be found here for meet and greets. Mike and Sully are located in the back lot and will be in their work uniforms. Trust us when we saw you want a hug from Sully! The line for these two monsters can get long so it’s best to use the My Disney Experience app and check their set times and try to arrive a few minutes before they come out. They are available to see all day for certain sets of time. Mike and Sully make for great photographs and they are fun to interact so make sure you take the time to meet them.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Indiana Jones: The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is one of the highlights of Hollywood Studios. It is an action packed show that features scenes and characters from ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’. There is even the infamous scene with Indy trying to outrun the giant 12-foot rolling boulder! Even audience members are picked before the show to be part of the live action. As one of those lucky people, let me tell you it’s a super awesome experience. Once the show is over most audience members exit the show immediately. However, if you hang out in the audience while the other guests leave you may be lucky and be able to meet Indiana himself, and sometimes even Marion! If you are big fan of these movies I would definitely recommend waiting around after the show to meet and greet with iconic characters!
1. Max: Max, yes Max as in Goody’s son. Max is a classic character from movies like ‘The Goofy Movie’, or ‘An Extremely Goofy Movie’. His appearances at Hollywood Studios are unique and have recently started happening. Max only comes out for pictures and autographs in the morning at Hollywood Studios. If you get there early make sure to ask a cast member where he will be making his appearance that day. This is a very unique character to meet and one you don’t want to miss!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!