At the place where dreams come true, it’s easy to be scared that you’ll miss something during your vacation. The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World has so many different experiences to offer that are perfect for every age and gender. Regardless of what sort of ride, show or attraction that you like, be sure to not miss these 14 things at Magic Kingdom:
14. Character dining – Whether it’s with the princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table, with The Beast at Be Our Guest, or with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace, a character meal at any time of day is something that should be experienced! Crystal Palace, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and Be Our Guest are all absolutely beautiful, atmospheric dining locations that offer great meet and greets that come right to you while you dine.
13. Walt Disney World Railroad – The railroad is kind of slow paced but is a really unique experience at Walt Disney World that offers some amazing views of the park. It’s also a great way to get from one end of the park to the other without having to walk and you get to enjoy the scenery of the different lands in the Magic Kingdom.
12. The Mountains – Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad are the trifecta of mountain roller coasters at Magic Kingdom! Each of them offers a different experience and intensity level, but are Disney World staples that you have to try if you like roller coasters!
11. Peter Pan’s Flight – While this ride might have a long wait time, Peter Pan’s Flight is a classic. Not to mention the new interactive queue is adorable and a must-see! Peter Pan’s Flight is a relatively short ride, so try to Fast Pass it if you can so you don’t spend hours in line!
10. Move It, Shake It, Dance and Play It! parade – This parade is a fun, energetic dance party in front of Cinderella Castle! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and other characters like Baloo, King Louie, Jessie, Woody, and more will come out to dance with guests in the crowd! This is a really unique character interaction that you can have with these characters as they mix and mingle with the crowd!
9. Princess Fairytale Hall – Princess Fairytale Hall is an absolute must for any princess lover! There are two separate lines in Princess Fairytale Hall. The more high demand line is that for Frozen’s Anna and Elsa, who usually have a very long wait time and hard to get Fast Passes, so be sure to be on the hunt for a Fast Pass or get there first thing in the morning or during a show to increase your chances of waiting in a shorter line! You can also meet Cinderella and Rapunzel, who also have Fast Pass availability but a much more reasonable wait time. It’s always a charming time and you’ll be sure to have the best day ever when you meet these princesses!
8. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a smooth yet thrilling ride that takes you through a day in the life of the seven dwarfs from Snow White! There is almost always a long wait line for this ride, so try to get a Fast Pass if you can!
7. Pirates of the Caribbean – Yo ho, yo ho, is a pirates’ life for you? Come join Captain Jack Sparrow and sail the seven seas on the Pirates of the Caribbean! This classic Disney ride was revamped a few years ago to include everyone’s favorite pirate from the film series of the same name, so if you haven’t been to Disney in a while, it is definitely worth a visit!
6. The Haunted Mansion – Grim, grinning ghosts come out to socialize on yet another Disney classic! The Haunted Mansion takes you through Master Gracey’s home, where 999 happy haunts live. While some little ones may be a bit fearful of the ghosts, these spirits are harmless and it is a ride you cannot miss.
5. Main Street Electrical Parade – Light up the night at the Magic Kingdom with the Main Street Electrical Parade! This parade features cute music and a beautiful display of lights through the Magic Kingdom with many fan-favorite characters. This parade happens both before and after Wishes, typically at 9:00 and 11:00 p.m.
4. Meeting Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater – No trip to Disney World is complete without a visit to the main man himself! Mickey meets at the Town Square Theater at the Magic Kingdom and with the help of Magic Words, can interact with guests in a magical way! Mickey performs magic tricks and even sings happy birthday if it’s your special day!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
3. Dream Along with Mickey – Dream Along with Mickey is a show that happens on the Cinderella Castle stage every day for numerous shows. Dream Along with Mickey features Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy with their dreams coming true – princesses, pirates, and more! Maleficent does crash the party, but with the help of the audience, good can prevail!
2. Festival of Fantasy Parade – Festival of Fantasy is an absolutely beautiful parade that happens every day at 3:00! It begins in Frontierland and makes its way down Main Street, USA. Festival of Fantasy features princesses, princes, heroes, a few villains, and Mickey and friends! You don’t want to miss out on the bright colors, gorgeous costumes, catchy music, and fire-breathing Maleficent in her dragon form with a steampunk twist!
1. Wishes fireworks – Wishes is the perfect way to end the night at Magic Kingdom. Wishes is a beautiful show that is narrated by Jiminy Cricket with amazing fireworks that can be seen the best from the front of Cinderella Castle. However, if you want a more unique viewing experience with a smaller crowd or have seen them in front of Cinderella Castle before, try viewing it from Fantasyland or Storybook Circus! It creates a really cool perspective to see the fireworks over Belle’s Castle/Be Our Guest or the circus tents.
Many of these experiences do have Fast Passes available so you can make sure you are able to get to see them as well as everything else in a decent amount of time. Experiencing these 14 things will guarantee that you’ll have a magical day!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!