Disney shows are unlike any other show you’ve ever seen. They’re filled magic, stunning detail, and, of course, beloved Disney characters. One of the most popular shows at Walt Disney World is Fantasmic! Located at Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic! is a night time spectacular that combines a number of our favorite Disney films into one mesmerizing show of good versus evil. Putting on this show is no easy task! Here are fifteen stunning facts about this incredible nighttime attraction.
14. Fantasmic is the featured evening show at Walt Disney World Resort, Florida (Hollywood Studios), Disneyland Resort, California (Disneyland), and Tokyo Disney Resort, Japan (Tokyo DisneySea). Disneyland was where the first Fantasmic show appeared on May 13, 1992. Walt Disney World’s Fantasmic was then shown on October 8, 1998, followed by Tokyo’s Disney Resort on April 28, 2011.
13. Snakes come in all different sizes. Just like from the movie Aladdin, our villain Jafar (Snake Version) appears in Fantasmic and he is 120 feet long, 16 feet tall, and consists of 18 sections.
12. There are several costumes worn in this show including princess, animal and villain costumes, plus so much more. In total there’s an impressive 78 costumes worn in Fantasmic!
11. The Walt Disney Resort version of Fantasmic incorporates scenes from the animated movies such as “The Lion King,” “Pocahontas,” “Hercules” and “Mulan.” There are also Villains featured in this fantastic show, including, The Evil Queen from Snow White, Ursula from the Little Mermaid, Cruela De Vil from 101 Dalmations, Scar from The Lion King Jafar from Aladdin, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, Hades from hercules, Monstro from Pinocchio, Chernabog from Fantasia, Ratcliff from Pocohontas, and Judge Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
10. In the grand finale, 26 Disney characters cruise in front of onlookers in a replica of the Steamboat Willie boat. At over 80 feet long, this show stopping water craft is bigger than Christopher Columbus’ Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. The boat was built in the Central Shops behind the Magic Kingdom park.
9. Cruising Depth – In the show at Walt Disney World, the water where basically all of the boats in the show cruise on is only one foot deep! Who knew all of these boats would be able to cruise on one foot deep water?
8. Mountain – Walt Disney World’s Fantasmic features a 59-foot man-made mountain towering over the stage making it the fourth tallest mountain on Walt Disney World property.
7. For each show there are 46 actors/dancers, 25 crew members, 6 cast members in charge of costumes and 3 stage managers. Now that’s a lot of people for just a 22 minute long show!
6. Wanna get wet? Sit in the front row of the amphitheater and you are sure to get a little splash. If you are hoping to be dry throughout the show, I would suggest sitting towards the middle and back rows of the amphitheater.
5. The water screens in Fantasmic pump 2,400 gallons of water into the air every minute and if called upon, could fill the 500,000-gallon Earffel Tower in less than three hours.
4. The amphitheater for Walt Disney World Resort’s Fantasmic show can hold up to 6,900 people. The amphitheater can also accommodate about 3,000 standing guests.
3. Usually there is a giant line to get into the Fantasmic amphitheater. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just skip that queue? Plan on getting a FastPass for this popular show. You can reserve your FastPass as early as 180 days before your arrival.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Do you want to eat a good meal and still be able to see Fanatsmic? Well you’re in luck because the dinner package invites you to relax pull up a chair at a sit-down meal at one of three Hollywood Studios restaurants and reserves seating for you and your family for Fantasmic later that night. Instead of waiting in that long line, you can show up for the show 30 minutes earlier, and be directed to a special seating area just for the dinner package reservations.
1. Fantasmic is shown twice a day 365 days a year, including holidays. If you would prefer to go to the least crowded show I would recommend going to the second showing. The advantage to this is while the first show is going on, you can enjoy rides in the park and the lines won’t be as long, because usually the first showing of Fantasmic is when mostly everyone goes.
Each Fantasmic showing costs a startling $30,000, which means for each and every night per year Disney spends a total of $60,000 per night for the two Fantasmic shows. That adds up to $21,900,000 per year for the Fantasmic show that is shown 365 days a year!
Fantasmic is arguably the most amazing show at Walt Disney World Resort and is very well attended. Make sure to leave time in your vacation schedule to see this stunning, open-air masterpiece which truly captures the magic of Disney! You won’t be sorry!
Have you ever thought how awesome it would be to get a true Disney Insider to help you plan and book your next Disney trip? Well, you can! Contact an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!