Choosing where to stay when you’re booking a Walt Disney World vacation can be tough. Not only do you have a variety of Disney resorts to choose from, but also you can choose to stay off property at the dozens of hotels nearby. While it may be a little more costly to stay on property as opposed to off property, there are many benefits to staying at one of the fabulous Disney resorts. Here are five reasons why staying on property is better than staying off property:
5. Extra magic – Normally when you leave the parks, the magic is over. You can’t have another dose of Mickey if you’re staying off-site, but staying on property means the magic never has to end. The Disney resorts are all beautifully themed and will give you that extra bit of magic you’re craving, whether it’s getting a souvenir from the gift shop or watching old Mickey cartoons in your room. You can set up a wake up call and one of your favorite Disney characters will call you in the morning to help start your day on a magical note.
4. Activities – If you’re going to stay at a Disney resort, don’t just sleep and eat there. Take the time to explore, because there is plenty to do! Every resort has their own set of activities that occur throughout the day. If you’re looking for a break from the parks, this is the best way to still enjoy Disney but at a much more relaxed pace. Every resort has a pool that you can spend hours in and an arcade where you can bring out your inner competitive side. Many resorts also do movies by the pool, where they show a popular Disney movie on a screen outside. Some resorts also do campfires, arts and crafts and other fun activities, so be sure to take advantage of everything that is offered!
3. Dining – Every resort has some type of dining location that you can dine at for breakfast, lunch and dinner. While many just have a cafeteria type restaurant, some resorts also offer table service restaurants where you can make a reservation for sometime during your trip. You can even make a reservation for a restaurant at a different resort and explore what that resort has to offer as well. Some of the restaurants even offer character dining, which adds to the magic of not only your meal, but also your vacation as a whole.
2. Breaks in between park time – Being in the parks all day can put an excessive amount of strain on your body. Of course you can duck into an air-conditioned attraction and seek relief, but sometimes that just isn’t enough. If you’re staying at a Disney resort, it’s a lot easier to head back to the room and relax than if you’re staying off site. Staying on property allows you to come and go from the parks with such ease and you never have to leave property, keeping you inside the little bubble of magic.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Transportation – The best reason to stay on property, in my opinion, is for the free transportation. If you stay off property, chances are you’ll have to drive back and forth every day to go to the parks. That also means you’re paying $20 to park every day that you visit. The bus system on Disney property will take you to any park or hotel throughout the entire resort, which means you never have to get behind a wheel. It makes park hopping, and resort hopping, so much easier, and gives you more time to enjoy the magic. You also don’t have to pay parking fees, which means you have extra cash to spend on souvenirs!
Staying at a Disney resort can truly make your trip that much more magical. You can start your morning with a wake up call from Goofy, have Mickey waffles for breakfast, go from Magic Kingdom to Disney’s Hollywood Studios with ease and end your night with a movie by the pool. The magic, and fun, never has to end if you stay at Disney resort. And with so many benefits, it really is worth the extra money.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: