Meeting and interacting with characters at Walt Disney World is one of the best ways to make the most magical memories while you visit the parks! For people of any age meeting your favorite characters is a wonderful experience. Below are 5 tips for making the most of your character interactions.
5. Plan Ahead! If you use the My Disney Experience App you can find the exact locations and times characters will be out and available for pictures. This is a great way to narrow down what characters you and your family and friends want to see. There are so many meet and greet character options at every park at Walt Disney World you could spend your whole trip meeting them all! Narrowing down the characters you want to interact with and making sure you add them to your daily schedule is a must. You may also like “9 Things You Absolutely Must Know About The My Disney Experience App.”
4. Fast Pass Plus: You can use Disney’s Fast Pass Plus system to get fast passes to meet some of the characters at certain parks. Not all of the characters have the fast pass option available. If it is a character you really want your picture with and you really want to interact with make sure you get that fast pass. Please check out our article here on how to make Fast Passes.
3. Disneybound! Disneybounding allows you to pay homage to your favorite characters through fashion. This can be done either with every day clothes or items inspired by a characters outfit. Read our article here to learn more about Disney bounding. You can also check out sites like Pinterest to find inspirations for your next trip. Read our article “Disneybounding – What It Is and 10 Things You’ll Love About It!”
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Have fun with the characters! After you’ve waited in line anxiously to meet a character sometimes you just smile and pose for a picture and move on. Take your time! All of the characters, even costume characters, have ways of interacting with you if you ask them questions. Young children, and some of us young at heart, like the autograph books as well. These are another way to have a great interaction, asking a character for an autograph! Some suggestions for small talk with characters are saying lines from their movies, or asking them questions. Some examples are asking Peter Pan if he’s seen his shadow? Asking Buzz Lightyear and Woody if Andy is home? If you have other suggestions leave them in the comments below!
1. Capture the magical moments! While you are interacting with your favorite Disney characters the Disney photographers will be snapping photos. They also take posed photos as well. You can also ask cast members to take pictures on your own personal phone or camera. If you are really interested in the professional photographs please see our article about Memory Maker 101 – Disney Photography.
Interacting with characters is a wonderful way to get the most out of your Disney trip. Don’t be shy get out there and start having fun with your favorite Disney characters!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!