Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a hot topic for Disney fans right now as it has recently begun to offer nighttime experiences at the park, something it has never done since it opened in 1998. With so many new things to experience and old favorites to enjoy, planning a day at the park just got a little more interesting. To ensure you make the most of your day, here are six insider tips for Animal Kingdom:
6. Keep yourself hydrated – Florida is hot, but Animal Kingdom, to me, is especially hot. Because many of the attractions are outdoors, unlike the other parks, and because it is the largest park, you can find yourself getting very hot and dehydrated quickly. Make sure to have plenty of water throughout the day to avoid any problems.
5. If you want to experience the park during the day and night, take a break in between – Because the park is very hot and everything is more or less outdoors, it’s quite easy to feel drained halfway through the day. If you want to enjoy the park during the morning/afternoon and night, I would highly suggest taking a break in between. Whether you have a long meal or head back to your resort for a nap, taking a break will help you restore energy and get you ready for Animal Kingdom at night!
4. Experience new dance parties – Harambe Wildlife Parti and Discovery Island Carnivale are two new dance parties available during the nighttime hours at the park. Both feature music, dancers and unique foods for your enjoyment. Who doesn’t love a good dance party?
3. Experience Tiffins and The Nomad Lounge – Tiffins is a new restaurant located on Discover Island which offers many dishes, all with unique flavors, for you to choose from. If you just want to enjoy an appetizer and drinks, the Nomad Lounge is a perfect spot. From specialty cocktails, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, to delectable appetizers, this will be your new favorite place to kick back and relax.
2. Experience The Tree of Life Awakening and The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic – While we await the anticipated River of Lights show, Disney has put together a show that is sure to please Jungle Book lovers everywhere. Inspired by the new live action film, ‘The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic” will have you singing along to film favorites and you will be in awe of how talented the dancers and singers are. In addition, you can watch the Tree of Life come to life in a way you’ve never seen before with beautiful projections, just like the kind used for Celebrate the Magic at Magic Kingdom.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Utilize FastPasses and Reservations – With all of the new offerings, making fastpasses and reservations is important now more than ever if you plan on experiencing everything Animal Kingdom has to offer. I would highly suggest making fastpasses for the Jungle Book nighttime show, Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris since these experiences are the highly popular ones during the evening hours.
Animal Kingdom has certainly become the talk of the town and it isn’t hard to see why! Between new dining options, new shows and new dance parties, Animal Kingdom is sure to be a hot spot this summer. Be sure to take advantage of these tips and have a wild time during your trip!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: