The Rose and Crown Pub and Dining room is located in the United Kingdom section of Epcot’s World Showcase. This traditional English pub is family friendly and a great place for lunch of dinner any day of the week. Read below 7 things we love about this pub!
7. Staff: The majority of the staff of the Rose and Crown Pub and Dining room all come from the United Kingdom. From your host to your server you will be interacting with someone from the UK. This makes dining at the pub even more unique. Not only does the staff have wonderful accents, they are full of information about the menu, building and how it relates directly to life in the United Kingdom. Many of the staff are part of Disney’s International Ambassador Program and come to the States to represent their country at Epcot.
6. Great beverage selection: There are many specialty drinks available at this restaurant. There are children drinks, as well as, adult beverages available. If you are not familiar with the different beverages from the United Kingdom, the Rose and Crown Pub offers the Imperial sampler. This is a great way to sample different beverages and great for sharing.
5. Menu selection: While the menu at the Rose and Crown Pub offers traditional items, they also offer unique snacks, entrees and sides from the United Kingdom. Make sure to ask your server if you are unsure on what an item is. For example, the Yorkshire pudding is not what you would expect, we would definitely recommend trying out these delicious items. Don’t forget to ask about the dessert menu too!
4. Different dinning options: The Rose and Crown Pub and dinning room actually has three different dinning room options. There is the country room, which is modeled after a traditional English home. The city room has more of a modern feel to it, like you are dinning at a pub in England. There is also the dart room, which is close to the pub. The dart room does have dartboards available and has more of a pub feel to it. All three rooms provide a great dinning experience.
3. Details, details, details! Walt Disney World definitely put some work into this wonderful restaurant. Did you now the molded glass found throughout the whole pub is from England? This history behind this glass is that it is handmade so that people can see out of the pub, but people on the outside cannot see in. This is just one of the small details that makes this place so magical. Be sure to ask your server about other hidden gems, including hidden Mickeys!
2. IllumiNations: IllumiNations is Epcot’s nightly fireworks spectacular. The Rose and Crown Pub and dinning room is one of the few restaurants in Epcot where you can have an amazing view of the fireworks. We definitely recommend making reservations, especially if you are dinning and wish to see the fireworks. While you cannot reserve a specific table by the water or the window, if you make your reservation early enough in advance chances are you will be able to get these prized seats. Reservations can be made 180 days before your visit.
1. Ambience: The ambience of this restaurant is both relaxing and fun. The pub is located on the water. There is outside seating by the water and also inside seating with views of the World Showcase Lagoon. Every evening there is live music that provides a lively ambience for people of all ages.
Bonus Tip: This is a little known fact: every night the staff at the Rose and Crown Pub and Dinning room will pick a child and explain to them that Mickey is stuck on the monorail and is going to be late for the fireworks show. They have the child use a magic wand and help “start” the IllumiNations firework show!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!