Dining is an important ingredient in every Disney vacation. Once you arrive at a Disney theme park, you really don’t want to leave the park to grab a meal, especially when there are so many eateries to choose from at every park. One of my favorite quick service dining choices is Casey’s Corner, which has been a part of Walt Disney World since it opened in 1971. I have listed seven reasons I enjoy this diner so much.
1. Location—Casey’s Corner, a very distinctive quick service dining establishment, is located on Main Street, USA, in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. This prime location is at the corner of Main Street and the Magic Kingdom hub, where diners can enjoy their meal with an absolute gorgeous view of Cinderella’s Castle. If you’re on your way to Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, or Adventureland, you’ll be passing by this very popular eatery.
2. Theme—The baseball theme is seen throughout this restaurant and is based on a famous poem written in 1888 by Ernest Thayer, “Casey at the Bat”, and was later made into an animated feature produced by Walt Disney in 1946. Inside there are plenty of baseball momentos, including great old pictures of famous baseball games and players, imaginary heroes, hanging baseball team penants, and an assortment of baseball bats. Red and white stripes on the chairs, tables, and umbrellas complete the baseball theming.
3. Entertainment—Just outside of Casey’s Corner there sits an old fashioned player-style piano, and at various times during the day a gifted piano player, Jim Omohundro will light up the ivory keys with his renditions of famous Disney tunes and lively ragtime melodies. Jim has been playing the piano here for over 30 years is a talented musician who interacts with his audience by taking requests and will strike up a conversation with anyone who enjoys hearing about the history of Walt Disney World. His music is the absolute best accompaniment for a delicious meal or simply a great performance by a brilliant artist. I can tell you from experience, you can’t keep your feet still when you hear his rendition of Maple Leaf Rag.
4. Menu—Casey’s Corner’s menu is filled with items you would typically find at a local baseball stadium, but much more interesting, such as: corn dog nuggets, chili cheese dog, barbeque slaw dog, polish sausage, Chicago style dog, ball park nachos, and of course the All American basic hot dog which you can dress up with relish, sauerkraut, onions, mustard, ketchup, cheddar cheese sauce from the toppings bar. Casey’s Corner is now also serving a limited number of breakfast items, like a ham, egg, and cheese croissant, plain croissant, chocolate croissant, Danish, crumb cake, bagel, or a scrumptious muffin. Assorted beverages are available including bottled water, and for a snack how about cotton candy, a brownie, or cracker jacks. Here at Casey’s Corner you can enjoy a full meal or a simple snack. There is limited seating inside this popular diner, but a great deal of seating is available outside at tables covered with umbrellas.
5. Prices—The signature hot dog meals which include sliced apples or French fries average around $10 not including the beverage. A single order of fries averages $3, corn dog nuggets $6, nachos $8, snacks around $4, and beverages $3, or you can get a Casey’s Batter Up Souvenir Cup filled with your favorite beverage. These are not unreasonable prices for what you are getting, and these delicious hot dogs and other delectable treats will satisfy any hunger pangs for quite some time.
6. Service—For such a small space, there are plenty of cashiers, and your order is ready within a few minutes. The cast members are efficient, friendly, and ready to complete your order with any necessary extras. As with most of the quick service restaurants, for single parents with several orders, there will usually be a cast member to help carry your trays to your table for you. Also, the tables are quickly cleaned and made ready for the next guests. Casey’s Corner is a great place to enjoy a hot dog, a great piano player, and an excellent view of Cinderella’s Castle. Casey’s hours of operations are Park opening until Park closing.
7. History—Casey’s Corner has been around since Walt Disney World’s opening in October, 1971. It has remained at its same prime location at the end of Main Street near the central hub. Over the years it has undergone several makeovers, and is today a very popular dining choice, with extra space inside and plenty of tables and chairs outside, all in red and white stripes, very bright and colorful. This location is also an excellent place to sit back and watch the crowds go by, get a glimpse of the daily parades, and also a great choice to sit and watch the fireworks while enjoying a delicious meal or snack.
You really should put Casey’s Corner on your list of places to eat while in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. The baseball theme, colorful red and white décor, quick service, and delicious signature hot dogs and fries will delight every member of your family or group. You’ll be glad you gave it a try.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!