There are many factors that contribute to Disney’s unique magic and style, and music is a very large part of this signature. A good song can make someone’s day, and a Disney song is even better! Combine these songs with talented Cast Members, gorgeous costumes, and standout dance numbers, and you will find yourself making Disney’s musicals a must-see on every vacation.
8) “Matsuriza” Epcot may not have many large-scale shows (besides IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth), but its street performances are not to be missed. One performance called the “Matsuriza” is a particularly unique routine demonstrating a traditional type of drumming called “Taiko”. Let yourself be captivated by the powerful sound resonating within the drums, and leave knowing that you have seen something with genuine history!
7) “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room” This attraction is a long-standing one in the Magic Kingdom, and for good reason. Although it may be short, the attraction’s colorful scenery and wise-cracking birds make for a delightfully entertaining experience that will have you singing the theme song for the rest of the day–and longer!
6) “Voyage of the Little Mermaid” As another well-established attraction, this show never disappoints. With live renditions of songs from the film, an authentic setting, and colorful puppets, both older and younger visitors will love it. There are also some particularly impressive light changes: watch the entire atmosphere shift around you to fit each scene!
5) “Finding Nemo-The Musical” You may not have seen the movie, but all visitors can watch the tropical ocean come to life in this show. Through breathtaking costumes, colors, and music, you can enjoy a performance that combines the well-known story-line with detailed representations of the ocean. Make sure you look for the Cast Members in the audience as well!
4) “The Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage”. When a stage show is based on a movie with its own glorious musical numbers, the audience expects to be impressed—and this show exceeds all of those expectations flawlessly! In some cases, well-known songs and a “tale as old as time” might seem boring, but Disney makes the story refreshing with vibrant costumes and gifted Cast Members. Have you been longing to see a Broadway show? Try this version!
3) “Dream Along With Mickey” There is something inherently magical about the Cinderella Castle, and, because this show is performed right in front of the Castle, it too has some extra magic. Aside from Fantasmic!, this may be the most “Disney” of the shows, with a happy finale and some very special cameos by the Disney royals. If you find yourself incapable of making it to Fantasmic!, “Dream Along With Mickey” can serve as a comfortable second that children will love!
2) “The Festival of the Lion King” Anyone who has seen The Lion King knows that it features legendary songs, and this incredible spectacle certainly does them justice! The show’s African theme makes for some stunning costumes, while the leading Cast Members’ interactions with their audience contribute to a particularly personal—and fun—experience. Your kids will also love the acrobats! True to its name, this musical experience leaves visitors feeling like they have come back from a festival instead of a stage show.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1) “Fantasmic!” As an enormous nighttime show featuring stunning effects and many of Disney’s iconic characters, this show is often seen as the culmination of Disney music and magic—and rightly so. With an exciting story-line and an unforgettable ending, visitors of all ages will love this one-of-a-kind experience, and it really is one of the best ways to finish a Disney vacation!
With so many activities in the Disney parks, it can be very easy to focus on roller coasters and thrills, but Disney musicals really do offer something special for visitors. If you truly want to absorb Disney’s magic as much as you can, make an effort to see them! Their variety makes it easy; if you’re short on time, something as short as “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room” or “Voyage of The Little Mermaid” could be perfect for you!
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!