As a former cast member and a current annual passholder, I have learned quite a bit about what to bring during my trip to Disney World. While you can get most anything in the parks, there are still some things you should have readily available to you that will make your trip a lot smoother and comfortable as the day goes on. Here are eight things cast members think you should have with you at all times while in the parks:
8 Things Cast Members Think You Should Have With You At All Times At Walt Disney World
8. Mini first aid kit – While there is a first aid station in each park, sometimes all you need is a quick Band-Aid before you hop in line for Space Mountain. Keeping a small kit in a backpack will make a huge difference, or even a few Band-Aids in a fanny pack if that’s what you use. These will be useful for little cuts or even blisters if your shoes are giving you trouble.
7. Ibuprofen – I know that I’m super prone to headaches, and the Florida sun doesn’t help that situation. It can be easy to get a headache while you’re playing in the parks, so having some type of aspirin in your bag will be beneficial to you. Be sure to drink lots of water, too!
6. Water bottle – Speaking of water, having a water bottle is such a good idea! There are water fountains throughout the park, but if you prefer ice water, most quick service locations are able to give you ice water for free, so you can always pour that in your water bottle, too. Staying hydrated is extremely important and it’s easy to forget, but having that water bottle weighing you down a little bit will be a great reminder!
5. Sunscreen – The Florida sun can be very dangerous so sunscreen is a must, especially if you’re from up north and your skin is not used to it. Applying sunscreen throughout the day will help prevent a bad sunburn, and you definitely don’t want to tend to a sunburn when you’re on vacation!
4. Camera – Whether it’s the camera on your phone or an actual camera, having one is so important! Living in the moment is wonderful, but taking pictures to capture your memories is wonderful, too! There are so many picture worthy spots throughout the parks, so take advantage of them and don’t forget the super cheesy Insta caption!
3. Poncho – During the summer, it rains pretty much every day in Florida. This being said, having a poncho or umbrella handy will help you make the most of your time in the park. Many people see rain as being a damper on their trip, but if you’re prepared you’ll still manage to have a good time and make the best of the situation. If you forget a poncho, you can purchase one at any merchandise location.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. ID – I can’t tell you how many people don’t carry around identification while in the parks. In fact, someone actually told me once that they never carry around an ID. I would highly recommend having your ID with you at all times—you really never know when you’re going to need it.
1. Portable charger – Because we are in a digital age, it’s no surprise that we like to show people how much fun we’re having on our trip in real time. Between Snapchat, Facebook Live and Periscope, there are so many ways to bring your friends along with you through the parks, but it also drains your battery. Having a fully charged portable charger will help you stay connected all day long AND take as many pictures as your heart desires.
Sometimes you go on vacation and forget about the little things you may need because you’re heading into a world full of fantasy and magic, but it’s important to have these things in order to make your trip more enjoyable. Things like a portable charger and ibuprofen will help keep you going all day long, as well as the other items listed. Be sure to pack these things up in your backpack next time you’re about to head to the parks!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: