Many people might be under the impression that Walt Disney World is only for kids. Boy are they wrong! Walt Disney World has something for all ages! Here are a few things that seniors will love about Disney. (I’m not talking about the high school kind!)
8 Things Seniors (Not the High School Kind) Will Love About Disney
8. FastPass: I know that for a lot of seniors, having to wait in long lines to ride a silly ride can be annoying, but with the FastPass option line-waiting is dramatically minimized. Make sure you schedule your FastPasses for each day of your trip and you’ll be able to get the most out of Disney with minimal time in line.
7. Complimentary Resort Transportation: When staying in a resort you can use resort transportation which includes buses, boats, and monorails to get around Walt Disney World Resort. Seniors will love this option because not only does it get you all around the resort, but you will save money on gas not having to drive your car around the parks. You will also save on parking.
6. Dining Experience: Walt Disney World food isn’t just Mickey Waffles and basic theme park foods. Seafood, steak, and almost any other cuisine you can imagine are available at Disney. Living Seas with Nemo is highly recommended for the seafood lover in your party. Imagine dining on fantastic fare while enjoying a view of an underwater wonderland of salt water fish, sea turtles and more. This and hundreds of other dining alternatives are available across Disney parks and resorts. If you are staying in a resort, you are able to make advanced dining reservations 180 days before your visit ensuring your spot at the restaurants of your choice.
5. Epcot World Showcase: Epcot’s World Showcase allows guests to travel the world and experience diverse cultures, food, architecture in the decidedly magical Disney atmosphere. One of my favorite countries has to be Mexico! I love the feel of walking into the temple and seeing and hearing the Mexican culture come to life. Another country I love is France. It is very quaint and romantic. You can also find all kinds of food in the World Showcase. There is at least one restaurant in every country offering quick-service as well as fine dining experiences that will immerse you in the cultures of your country of choice.
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Rhinos, lions and giraffe… oh my! One of the highlights of Animal Kingdom is definitely Kilimanjaro Safaris where guests of all ages enjoy a bumpy, up close and personal experience with creatures of the african continent. Animals freely roam around and if you’re lucky, they’ll wander close enough for an amazing photo-op. I have been on this safari where the giraffes have stood in front of the bus for a good 2 or 3 minutes impeding the tour. Every safari ride is different because you never know where or what the animals will be doing. FastPass is a must for this experience, but even if you don’t get one the ride is well worth the wait.
3. Animal Kingdom: From the awesome shows safari rides and exotic cuisine, a visit to this amazing Disney park is a must for your trip. All around the park, there are animals and trails to walk especially around the Tree of Life where guests can visit with Pocahontas. One of the benefits of Animal Kingdom is the vast amount of shade beneath which guest can venture making for a more comfortable day even in the hot Florida sun.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Off Season: While going in May, June, or July might not be ideal for seniors because of the heat and crowds, the months of January, February, October and the beginning of November are some of the best times to travel to avoid the heat and crowds. Also during the off season, Disney is more likely to put out discounts on Dining and resorts, which is always a plus!
1. Spending time with your family: If you are traveling with your family to Walt Disney World, make sure you treasure every moment. Treasure every ride, every picture, and every little thing that your grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and even children do. Walt Disney World is a place where so many memories are made and children’s dreams come to life. Get a picture with Mickey Mouse; stand in line to ride It’s a Small World three times because your youngest grandchild loves it. I promise that it will be worth it and your memories will last forever. Make memories not only for yourself, but for them because they will always remember when their Grandma or Grandpa took them to Walt Disney World.
So you can see, Walt Disney World is a place for people of all ages. It is true that Walt Disney World is all about Mickey Mouse amd make-believe, BUT it is also has so much more. There are so many attractions for seniors to enjoy and I hope that this article has helped you to plan your next vacation to Walt Disney World.