Everyone should choose to stay at the Walt Disney World resort that matches their interests and personality, not to mention budget. And since there are many choices, that should not be a problem, unless of course, there are too many choices for you. Saratoga Springs Resort is the seventh of the Disney Vacation Club (AKA DVC) resorts based on a horse racing theme. No, don’t expect to see galloping stallions or betting windows on property, but you will see lots of horse silhouettes and Victorian splendor in the décor.
8. Deluxe Accommodations – Saratoga is deluxe villa resort with lovely rooms including all the villa amenities such as full kitchens and washer / dryers in the rooms in the main resort. There are also the Treehouse Villa accommodations on property which are elevated 10 feet off the ground in wooded surroundings. The Treehouse Villas have 3 bedrooms and come equipped with private decks, driveways and charcoal grills.
7. Theme – The theme of this resort is Saratoga Springs, New York circa 1880. My sister lives “down the road” so to speak from Saratoga Springs in NY and the family sees much in common with Disney’s version when compared to the actual town. Saratoga Springs in years gone by was one of the horse racing tracks frequented by the NY society elite of the day, when going to the track was an event one dressed for including your best hat.
6. Golf – The resort buildings are built between Village Lake and the Lake Buena Vista Golf course. This location is very handy if golf is in your activity schedule for your trip.
5. Location -You are on the Downtown Disney side of property, so you are closest to Downtown Disney, Epcot, the Typhoon Lagoon water park and of course the Golf Courses (LBV as well as the Magnolia and Palm).
4. Transportation – Transportation is bus transportation to the parks and boat transportation to Downtown Disney. Magical Express service is available at this resort location.
3. Dining – The Turf Club is the table service restaurant and lounge here. There signature cocktails infuse a race track spirit, such as a Mint Julep or a Preakness Cosmo. The lounge is a great place for a game of billiards or to just enjoy the warm surroundings and the equestrian décor. The menu offerings, only open for dinner, are wide ranging to suit everyone’s tastes. The Paddock Grill and the Artist’s Palette round out the dining options here for quick service and are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Turf Club and Artist’s Palette are close to the main check in building so if you do not have a car with you, you just need to learn which bus will go by the main entrance so that you can hitch a ride on the internal shuttle.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Recreation – In addition to fun places to eat there are bike, surrey bike rentals, campfire activities, playground and arcade. There are 2 feature pools, with waterslides and 3 leisure pools, so that you can cool off or relax after a long day of park hopping. The waterslides are awesome here, we loved them. There is also a jogging trail, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts. There is a 24 hr fitness center and lots of on property things to do such as movies under the stars to complete your day.
1. SPA – One thing I particularly like about Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa is the Senses Spa. It is a great place to relax with your preferred spa treatment, manicure / pedicure, facial treatment, body therapy or massage therapy. There is also a wet relaxation space that includes a whirlpool, heated loungers and a steam room. The heated loungers and seasonal peppermint pedicure are our personal favorite things to do.
Whether you have some spare time to resort hop on your next vacation or think you would enjoy staying in the Victorian elegance of the 1880’s with quick access to everything at Downtown Disney, Check out Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. It is a very relaxing way to spend your vacation.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!