Everyone should choose to stay at the Walt Disney World resort that matches their interests and personality, not to mention budget. And since there are many choices, that should not be a problem, unless of course, there are too many choices for you. Old Key West Resort is the very first of the Disney Vacation Club (AKA DVC) resorts. It is a wonderfully colorful resort of pastel buildings.
8. Deluxe Accommodations – Old Key West deluxe villa resort with lovely large airy rooms with all the villa amenities such as full kitchens and washer / dryers in the rooms.
7. Theme – The theme of this resort is Old Key West, Florida and having been to Key West – you will see the similarities in building style and color. The community simulated at the resort is Conch Flats, a tranquil community with palm trees and waterways.
6. Golf – The resort buildings are built with along the waterway to Downtown Disney and the Lake Buena Vista Golf course. So some of the accommodations are “green” – side. You can watch the golfers play their rounds while eating your breakfast on the patio. This can be a fun pastime depending on how serious you are about golf and the experience of the players on the green.
5. Location -You are on the Downtown Disney side of property, so you are closest to Downtown Disney, Epcot, the Typhoon Lagoon water park and of course the Golf Courses (LBV as well as the Magnolia and Palm).
4. Transportation – Transportation is bus transportation to the parks and boat transportation to Downtown Disney. Magical Express service is available from this resort to and from the airport.
3. Dining – I love the restaurant on property here. Olivia’s Café is one of my favorite table service restaurants and I frequently travel across property to eat here. The mango iced tea is excellent and we enjoyed having a late dessert at Olivia’s in the evenings after having walked off our dinner. Good’s Food to Go and the Gurgling Suitcase round out the dining options here for quick service. All of the dining here is close to Hospitality House so if you do not have a car with you, you just need to learn which bus will go by the main entrance so that you can hitch a ride on the internal shuttle.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Recreation – In addition to fun places to eat there are surrey bike and watercraft rentals, campfire activities, and activities at the Conch Flats Community Hall. There are four lovely pools, some with waterslides or whirlpool spas, so that you can cool off or relax after a long day of park hopping. I love the lighthouse at the main pool myself which houses a dry sauna. There is a fitness center and lots of on property things to do such as movies under the stars to complete your day.
1. More things to do – One thing I particularly like about Old Key West is being able to watch the fireworks from the bridge. There is also a jogging trail, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, playground and game rooms. The property is very walkable for working off those extra calories you just ate at dinnertime.
Whether you have some spare time to resort hop on your next vacation or think you would enjoy staying in the lovely little community of Conch Flats for a while “wasting away in Margaritaville”, Check out Old Key West resort. It is a very relaxing way to spend your vacation.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!