If you’re like me, a big part of your trip to Walt Disney World is enjoying the food. From tasty snacks like popcorn, Dole Whips and candied apples, to well-themed restaurants such as 50’s Prime Time Café, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, and the Be Our Guest Restaurant, Disney World is a food lover’s delight! One of my favorite areas to enjoy a great dining experience is World Showcase in Epcot. Eleven countries, including colonial America, are featured around World Showcase Lagoon. While there are many snack options and counter service restaurants in World Showcase, there are also more than a dozen table service restaurants to choose from. These are a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of one of our global neighbors. Here are my 9 Best Table Service Restaurants in Epcot’s World Showcase.
9 Best Table Service Restaurants in Epcot’s World Showcase
1) Akershus Royal Banquet Hall – As the name implies, you will be dining with royalty! Set in Norway, in a medieval castle with soaring archways and cathedral ceilings, this is the place to see the Disney princesses. Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and others will pose for pictures and give autographs, all while you enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. The breakfast buffet includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potato casserole, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and fresh seasonal fruit. Lunch and dinner feature items such as short ribs, chicken and salmon.
2) Le Cellier – For many years, this was the most difficult dining reservation at Epcot. Due to the popularity of this Canadian steakhouse, Disney raised prices and made it a 2 table-service credit restaurant on the Disney Dining Plan. Set in the basement of a chateau, this is where the “suits” dine for lunch, so you know it’s good. If you’re willing to spend a little extra money, enjoy the cheddar cheese soup, along with the delicious warm pretzel bread as an appetizer, then order the filet with bacon and spinach risotto.
3) Via Napoli – Disney World fans have longed for good pizza on Disney property for many years. That is, until Via Napoli opened. Water for the dough is even sourced from springs similar to those found in Italy. Pizzas are then cooked in wood-burning ovens. Also on the menu are Italian favorites such as Lasagna, Linguini, and Eggplant Parmigiana.
4) Teppan Edo – Dinner and a show! Celebrate Japanese culture during an exciting dining experience that’s part meal, part show. In the communal ritual of Teppan-yaki-style cooking, skillful chefs chop and stir-fry dishes right at your table! Menus items include steak and shrimp, scallops and chicken.
5) San Angel Inn – While the food here is good, you’ll want to go for the atmosphere! The setting is twilight, in a Mexican shopping village, beneath an ancient Mayan pyramid. Ask for a table near the water, to watch guests floating by on the “Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros!” Enjoy such items as Chicken Enchiladas, Beef Fajitas or Seafood. If you’re lucky, you’ll be entertained by a mariachi band during your visit.
6) Spice Road Table – Set along the water in Morocco, you’ll enjoy fantastic views around World Showcase! Book a table about one hour before Illuminations, and enjoy a great vantage point for the show. Here, you’ll enjoy Mediterranean small plates and specialty entrées such as, spicy garlic shrimp, fried calamari, and beef and chicken skewers. After a long day walking around Epcot, this is the perfect way to unwind.
7) Chefs de France – Resembling a sidewalk café in Paris, Chefs de France is a family-friendly restaurant, set on the World Showcase promenade. Ask for a table next to the window, and you can people-watch as you enjoy your meal. The menu includes beef tenderloin, classic onion soup and roasted duck with cherries.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
8) Monsieur Paul – For an elegant evening enjoying gourmet food, consider Monsieur Paul, located upstairs from Chefs de France. This is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion in a serene setting. You’ll enjoy classic French cuisine with such items as Black Truffle Soup, Herb-crusted rack of lamb, and Grand Marnier soufflé.
9) Biergarten – It’s Oktoberfest every day in this fun German restaurant! Food here is a traditional German buffet with such items as bratwurst, rotisserie chicken, pork schnitzel and a variety of salads. While you’re eating, you can enjoy the sounds of a traditional German polka band. Unless you have a large dining party, be prepared to sit with other guests at long tables.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!