October in Walt Disney World is moderately crowded at the beginning of the month, busier in the middle and then lower crowds nearing the end. Disney boasts a few special events in October including Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party which takes place on various nights in Magic Kingdom. This is a ticketed event in Magic Kingdom which means the park is only available to those who have purchased this additional ticket. This event does draw larger crowds, so you may want to plan your trip earlier in the day or on a day that the event is not scheduled.
Even though it’s Fall, Florida can still be rather hot during the day, so it is still important to take breaks and drink lots of water!
- Maximum temperatures 83 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit (28 to 30 degrees Celsius)
- Minimum temperatures 64 and 69 °F (18 to 20 °C)
- 75% Average humidity
- Sunny 67% of the month
October Special Events
- Disney Springs – Lego Store Events – The Lego Store offers different events periodically such as Lego Club meetings, building events, and even special offers!
- The Magical Extras Savings Card is included in every Walt Disney World Resort vacation package! It will give you lots of discounts at restaurants, shops, and more!
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2018 from 7pm until midnight. Tickets must be bought separately from regular park tickets (prices TBA), and you will not be able to use your Park Hopper Ticket or Magic Your Way. There will be a parade, rides, trick-or-treating, fireworks, and more! Temperatures will still be pretty warm, so be sure to choose costumes that will be comfortable in the heat.
- Food and Wine Festival (Epcot)- August 31-November 12, 2018
October Crowd Calendar