While it would be fun to dress as one of your favorite characters and spend the day at a park, unfortunately you aren’t allowed to wear costumes to any Disney park. Disneybounding allows you to pay homage to your favorite characters through fashion. This can be done either with every day clothes or items inspired by a characters outfit. Disneybound got its name from Disney blogger, Leslie Kalbfeisch and is a growing phenomenon in Disney parks around the world. Here are ten reasons to add Disneybounding to your Disney experience.
10. Express yourself: No two bounds of the same character have to be the same. You have the chance to try different variations of the same character and to put some of your personality and style into it.
9. You can Disneybound on a budget: You probably already own items that can be used for future bounds. I recently did a Disneybound of Mowgli from Jungle Book, I wore a simple pair of red shorts, tan shirt and sandals I already had.
8. You can be comfortable; it’s not a costume: While you can certainly dress up for your Disneybounds there’s no rule that says you have to. If a character wears pants, there’s no reason you can’t make your Disneybound shorts or a skirt.
7. Endless options and characters: Disneybounding can allow you to dress as any character from the Disney universe. Some Disneybounds can even be based on attractions at the parks, for example a Space Mountain Disneybound. You can find inspiration online from other’s Disneybounds. Below are two very popular Disneybounders from California, Leo Camacho and Sarah Sterling. They are Disneybounding as Oliver and Dodger from the movie “Oliver and Company”.
6. The more the merrier: Disneybound is really even more fun when you do it with other people. Whether you do a couple bound or one with a whole group, it’s a fun process. Everyone can be involved in choosing their characters and finding their Disneybound outfits.
5. Magical photo opportunities: Dressed in your Disneybound outfit you can get some great photographs with Disney characters throughout the park. Imagine getting your picture with the character that inspired your bound.
4. Cast member interactions: Many of the cast members know what Disneybounding is and are great at recognizing your inspiration. I’ve had some amazing conversations with cast members while Disneybounding. The picture below shows me interacting with Snow White in my Snow White Disneybound.
3. Accessories and more: Finding great accessories is a really fun part of the Disneybound process. Sometimes the accessories themselves can inspire an outfit for a Disneybound. Find a special pair of Mickey ears while you are at the parks? Use your “street clothes” and create a whole new look!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Switch it up! Is one of your favorite Disney characters a different species or maybe gender? Disneybounds can be worn by anyone! Say you want to Disneybound as Simba from Lion King – go for it!
1. Have fun! Disneybounding is one of the most fun things I have done reccently when visiting the Disney Parks. Planning a Disneybound beforehand is really fun. Disneybounding is a great way to express youself, show your Disney side and make a park visit even more magicial!
Bonus tip: You can check out sites like Pinterest to find inspiration for outfits!
For more information on Disneybounding, consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!