Extreme Epcot Future World – 30 Things You Must Do From Rope Drop to Close
While Future World at Epcot only makes up half of the Disney World park, there are plenty of things to do that will keep you busy from rope drop till close. Here are 30 things you must do when you visit.
30. Photo Opportunity – Spaceship Earth: When you arrive, you’ll need to get your picture taken in front of Spaceship Earth, the icon of Epcot. If the front is crowded, you can walk around and get a picture taken on the other side.
29. Visit Fountain View: Get your morning office at this new addition to Epcot. Both Starbucks and Teavanna products can be found here.
28. Ride Soarin’- The Land Pavilion: You’ll either want to get a Fastpass for this attraction or ride it right after the park opens.
27. Find Nemo – The Seas With Nemo and Friends: After flying in the sky, take a trip into the ocean and help Marlin and Dory find Nemo in this slow moving dark ride.
26. Talk to Crush – The Seas With Nemo and Friends: Turtle Talk With Crush is perfect for all ages as both kids and parents can get in on the fun.
25. Explore the Sea Base – The Seas With Nemo and Friends: After the attraction and show, take the time to see the other wildlife, including manatees and sharks.
24. Journey into Imagination – Imagination Pavilion: Learn about the power of imagination on with Figment.
23. Play in ImageWorks – Imagination Pavilion: Before heading off to your next attraction, take the time to play with the games and effects in ImageWorks.
22. See The Reverse Water Fountain – Imagination Pavilion: Right outside the Imagination Pavilion, you’ll see a water fountain where the water is shooting up, not falling down. It’s pretty neat.
21. Play With The Jumping Water Fountain – Imagination Pavilion: Tucked away there’s a water fountain that jumps from spot to spot. Kids can play here and cool off.
20. Have Lunch at Sunshine Seasons – The Land Pavilion: This is a great place for lunch as the ingredients grown in The Land are used to make the entrees and snacks. They’re healthy and delicious.
19. Ride Living With The Land – The Land Pavilion: As you wait for your food to digest, take a boat ride and see where the fruits and vegetables you just ate were grown, and how.
18. Watch the JAMMitors – Outside Innoventions: These performers create music and comedy by using trash cans and other props. They’re not to be missed.
17. Create and Ride a Car – Test Track: Either use the singles line or get a Fastpass for this attraction to build your own car and take it for a spin.
16. Create a Commercial For Your Car – Test Track: After the attraction, you can make a commercial or take a picture with the car you created. Play around for a while.
15. Cool Off at the Coca-Cola Car Wash – Outside Test Track: Take a moment to cool down by stepping into the refreshing car wash. A cool mist may be just what you need.
14. Go To Mars – Mission: Space: With a choice of low intensity or high intensity, this exhilarating attraction is great for the whole family.
13. Advance Training Labs – Mission: Space: Pretend like you’re in Mission Control and interact with additional games and experiences to simulate a space expedition from home.
12. See Dinosaurs – Ellen’s Universe of Energy: While this may not be on everyone’s to do list, it’s a great way to get out of the sun and guests do get to see dinosaurs as they briefly go back in time.
11. Get a Free Drink – Club Cool: Try soda flavors from different countries for free at Club Cool.
10. Watch the Central Fountain – Outside Innoventions: The large fountain changes throughout the day as music is played. It’s a great place to relax.
9. Play Habit Heroes – Innoventions: This interactive game encourages guests to practice healthy habits to save the world.
8. Ride Your Own Coaster at Sum of All Thrills – Innoventions: By using math, guests can create their own roller coaster, gentle or extreme, and then ride it using a simulator.
7. Get Your Picture Taken – Character Spot in Innoventions: Visit three Disney characters at once to get autographs and your picture taken. This is a Fastpass experience.
6. Dine at Coral Reef Restaurant – The Seas With Nemo and Friends: If you have a craving for good seafood, this place has fantastic food in a great atmosphere as you’re surrounded by an aquarium.
5. Dine at The Garden Grill – The Land Pavilion: For a character dining experience, have diner at The Garden Grill and meet Mickey, Minnie and other friends while the restaurant actually rotates around.
4. Ride Spaceship Earth: This attraction actually has shorter lines at night as most guests like to ride this first. You can practically walk on if you wait to ride at night.
3. Explore Project Tomorrow – Spaceship Earth: Play around with the interactive games after riding the iconic attraction.
2. Shop – Mouse Works: Be sure to visit Mouse Works before the end of your Epcot visit. Their large selection has something for everyone on your shopping list.
1.Watch Illuminations: A better place to watch the fireworks and laser show is at World Showcase, but you can still see some of the show from Future World. The closer you are to the lagoon, the better your view.
As you leave Epcot, be sure to look out for the sparkling stone walkway that twinkles as guests head out for the evening. It’s a nice little touch to the end of a great day in Future World.
For more tips about Futureworld in Epcot, consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
Kristina is a freelance writer and full-time marketer who is a loud and proud Disney fan. Besides Disney Fanatic and How To Disney, she has also written for Examiner.com, Disney Avenue, and XOJane. A frequent visitor to Disney World, she enjoys trying something new each trip and experiencing all Disney has to offer. She lives in New York with her cat, Lizzie.