At Walt Disney World the Disney Dining Plan is available for Disney Resort Hotel guests who either purchase a Magic Your Way package or book using Disney Vacation Club points. The Disney Dining Plan (DDP) is basically a plan whereby Resort guests can purchase a certain number of meals and snacks ahead of time using a “voucher system”. Depending on which plan you choose, you receive an allotment of quick service meals (mostly counter service), table service (sit down meals), and snacks, the number of which depends on the DDP you choose. The price of the DDP is determined by which plan you choose. The FREE Dining Plan is offered on certain dates at select Disney Resorts throughout the year. In this article you will be introduced to what a “snack” is and how to get the most out of your choices.
How to Make Your Snack Credits Count at Walt Disney World
1. Resort Snack Choices — Snack options are available at all Disney Parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs. You might consider using a snack credit at your Resort for a light breakfast, such as a bakery item (cinnamon roll, muffin, croissant, fruit cup, etc.) and save your quick service or table service meal for lunch or dinner.
2. Disney Parks Snack Choices — There are over 300 dining venues, snack carts, sit down and counter service restaurants located at the four Walt Disney World Parks. Most of these dining choices include snack options, so choose your favorites and enjoy such treats as cotton candy, French fries, Mickey shaped ice cream sandwich, luscious homemade fudge, and many, many more yummy choices.
3. Disney Springs Snack Choices — At Disney Springs alone, there are over 50 dining choices, including quick service and sit down restaurants, food trucks, candy stores, and numerous snack kiosks. You can choose from among such goodies as a key lime cheesecake crepe, nachos with chili and cheese, frozen ice cream treats, etc. The choices are incredible. Take a break from shopping, grab a delicious or chilling treat and relax before continuing to “shop till you drop”.
4. Water Theme Park Snack Choices — Even at the Disney Water Parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, have fantastic snack choices to enjoy while visiting a cool Disney water theme park. Enjoy the awesome water slides, wave pools, and other watery attractions, then take a break and enjoy one of many snack choices, like frozen specialty treats or drinks, mini doughnuts with dipping sauce, soft pretzel, just to name a few. What a cool way to warm up after a dip in a Disney water park pool than relaxing with a scrumptious treat.
5. Substitutions — On the DDP, you can substitute your dessert for an eligible dessert,side item, snack or beverage where available. The same rule applies to your non-alcoholic beverage. If you have a leftover quick service meal that was not used, you can exchange it for three snack credits. Substitutions make it easier for you to enjoy your meals without wasting your snack credits on desserts or beverages you really don’t want.
6. Best Value — Most snacks cost less $5 or less (before tax), so if you’re going to use your snack credit, make sure you’re getting the best value. For instance, at Aloha Isle in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom, you could choose between a bag of chips or the most refreshing frozen treat ever, the Pineapple Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float. At Epcot’s Fountain View/Starbucks, you could pick for your snack credit a piece of fresh fruit or a luscious chocolate croissant. Hollywood Studios’ Writer’s Stop, snack choices range from a warm cup of aromatic doffee to a warm pretzel with cheese sauce. When you visit Animal Kingdom, stop by the Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks where your snack choice could be a frozen banana or an Asian noodle salad. At all four Parks, water theme Parks, and Disney Springs, there are a multitude of snack credit choices, so choose wisely and get the most for your DDP snack credits.
7. Food and Wine Festival Snack Credits — Epcot’s annual International Food and Wine Festival (usually late September through mid-November) is one of the best events to use your snack credits. There are as many as 30 separate food and wine booths offering small portions of that country or region’s specialties. For example—Islands of the Caribbean—Jamaican beef patty or Mojo pork served with black beans, cilantro rice and pickled red onions; France—Boeuf Bourguignon or Crème Brulee’ Caramel Chocolat topped with caramelized sugar; Canada—Canadian cheddar cheese soup or wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce. There are so many more snack credit choices at this very popular event, so enjoy your international tasty treats.
8. Treats To Take Home — There are several ways to redeem your leftover snack credits, and one way is to turn them in for special treats to take home. If you haven’t used all of your snack credits, and it’s your last day at WDW, visit your Resort Gift Shop and pick up some yummy packaged Disney treats to take home. These Disney packaged treats will provide some snacks for the drive or flight home. There are way too many to list, but a few favorites are: lollipops (all shapes and sizes), rice krispy treats (shaped like Mickey’s head), various trail mixes, popcorn, caramel corn, peanuts, mini unicorn pops, Disney character shaped cookies (wrapped), and so many more to choose from. These unique Disney themed sweet or salty treats also make great little gifts for baby sitters, house or pet sitters, or even treats for someone’s special birthday.
9. Don’t Waste Your Snack Credits on Certain Items — As stated previously, most snacks range in price from $2 to $5, so use your credits wisely. Here are some lower priced snack options: bottled water, whole fruit, hot coffee or tea, hot cocoa, French fries, assorted chips, etc. Check out the menu for the snack options, which include the prices, and if you’re not wanting a specific snack, choose the more expensive snacks to get the most out of your credits.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
10. Some Better Choices For Your Snack Credits — apple and caramel dippers, lemonade slushy which includes a Mickey straw, Dole Whip, cotton candy, funnel cake, just to name a few. Snack credits are included with all of the Disney Dining Plans, and wherever you see the snack credit logo, check out the best value. Smart Water and bottled water are both considered snack options, but the $2 difference in price makes the choice even easier.
The Walt Disney World Dining Plan can add a whole new dimension to your magical Disney Vacation, and if you are able to take advantage of the free Dining Plan, that is even more magical. Also, the DDP is not for everyone. It is an added expense to your Magic Your Way package. If, however, you decide to purchase a DDP, or it’s free, check out all your options, including these snack options, and get the most for your credits. At the end of your stay, it’s fun to see who has saved the most by using their snack credits on the more expensive options. Remember, choose wisely, and enjoy your snacks at the most magical place on earth.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: