Make the Most of FastPass+
Speaking of FastPass+, it’s incredibly important that you understand how this system works and make the most of it. This is something you will want to do a full 60 days before your trip begins if you’re staying onsite, and only 30 days otherwise.
Why do you want to get started early? Because in order to get the most out of the system, you need to make reservations to help you avoid the longest lines. Of course, this is what everyone else is trying to do too, and that means these reservations are in high demand.
If you want to ride any of the following rides, we highly recommend snagging a FastPass+ reservation as soon as possible, if they’re available:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Test Track
- Frozen Ever After
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Na’vi River Journey
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
Plan Your Meals
Food is a big deal in Disney World, and choosing the right restaurants can really enhance your vacation. For this reason, we recommend doing research early on and deciding on some extra special meals.
Some meals will allow you to visit with characters while you dine, while others will immerse you in another time and place, and still others will serve up some amazing food you won’t soon forget.
Some of our suggestions for extra special dining in Disney World include:
- Crystal Palace: Dine with Pooh and friends.
- Be Our Guest: Eat in Belle’s castle.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table: Fine dining in Cinderella’s Castle.
- Space 220: Opening soon, this eatery will allow guests to experience a meal in outer space.
- Garden Grill: Dine with characters in a restaurant that rotates through various scenes throughout your meal.
- World Showcase Table Service: Any table-service meal in World Showcase is bound to be fun and interesting.
- 50’s Prime Time Café: Enjoy some home cooking in the 1950s.
- Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater: Eat a burger in your “car” while watching the big screen.
- Tusker House: Have a meal with Disney friends in their safari gear.
Invest in Memory Maker
You will want to record your dream vacation, and pulling yourself away from the fun to snap photos can be difficult. For this reason, we recommend investing in Memory Maker.
This add-on allows you to have photos taken in various places throughout the park by Disney photographers using professional equipment, and gives you great vacation photos without the hassle of taking them yourself.
Live in the Moment
Finally, you will definitely want to live in the moment. Being able to let go of stress and enjoy every single moment of your vacation is what makes a trip truly magical. Allow yourself this freedom, and we’re betting you’ll have an amazing time even if everything doesn’t go as planned.