1. Pricing - When the Magic Kingdom first opened its gates, the cost of entry was under $4.00 per adult; tickets were then purchased for each attraction based on their classification (A through E-ticket).
2. Transportation - If Walt Disney were still alive, I can only imagine how excited he would be about the innovations in transportation that we are seeing at Walt Disney World.
3. Expansion - It’s amazing to recall that Walt Disney World opened with just one theme park, isn’t it?
4. Refurbishment, Replacement, Closure, & Controversy - Walt Disney intended his park to be a living, evolving entity, where progress is always happening and change is inevitable.
5. Introduction of more IP (Intellectual Property) - Walt Disney World started with rides based on original ideas and concepts, but today we see more emphasis on attractions being based on intellectual property (movies, television characters) that have shown proof of concept.
6. How We Experience Characters - Gone are the days of roaming characters at Walt Disney World, though if you search through photos from your childhood you may come across snapshots of your family meeting characters all over the park.
7. Overall Increase in Pre-Trip Planning - Perhaps the most over-arching change that we have seen over the years with Walt Disney World is the level of planning that is available, and some would say, required, to enjoy a magical vacation.