MagicBands are here and they are one of the coolest things that have happened to the Disney parks in a long time! Disney spent over a billion dollars researching, creating and implementing this new service and it was totally worth it! MagicBands not only look cool but also they will totally transform your Disney experience!
1. MagicBands are available when you purchase your tickets online or at the park. If you are purchasing one of the passes that includes a Magic Band be sure to order it through the instructions they provide. If you don’t you can go to the transportation and ticket center to redeem your passes, but you will have to purchase the bands. By ordering them online you can save $13 per band! Keep in mind that if you want a specialized band (they have patterns with Disney princesses, Stitch and other characters) you will have to purchase them in the parks (or Downtown Disney) and have your information transferred.
2. MagicBands can be connected to your FastPasses. Since Fast Passes are no longer given in paper form you can either locate a cast member with a tablet or can the My Disney Experience app on your smart phone. I recommend using the My Disney Experience app, you can link your Magic Pass to the app and use it to select your Fast Passes ahead of time. When you arrive at the ride or attraction you simply go through the fast pass lane during your designated time and just hold your band against a Mickey and wait for the green light. Fast passes have never been easier to use!
3. PhotoPass – Do you love capturing your Disney magic? You’re Magic Band is connected to your photo pass account. The photographers around the parks now carry devices that instantly transfer your pictures to a Photo Pass account synced to your band. When you get off a ride like Dinosaur that takes your picture and decide that you like your photograph all you have to do is hold your Magic Band against the Mickey under your photograph and it is magically transferred! Even if you don’t purchase all your official Disney photographs it is really convenient to keep track of them and review them before you leave the parks. Disney photographs stay on your Magic Band for 45 days after your visit.
4. You can personalize your MagicBands with Magic Sliders and Magic Bandits, which you can purchase in the parks. The Magic Bandits come in sets and are really fun. They allow you to carry your favorite characters with you on your band. With villain sets, Minnie and Mickey sets and Star Wars sets, just to name a few there are plenty of ways to make your Magic Band your own. People have even begun to make vinyl decals, and Magic Band covers on sites such as Etsy. The Magic Band is as practical, as it is a fashion accessory!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
5. Syncing payments – In a hurry and want to pay for something fast so you can make your Fast Pass+ reservation? With Disney Magic Bands you can link a debit or credit card to your account. Magic Bands can be used to make a variety of purchases inside the parks such as the carnival games in DinoLand U.S.A. or even food purchases at the quick service locations. If you sync your band with your debit card you will be asked to enter your pin number so even if your band is lost someone won’t be able to pick your band up and begin making purchases.
MagicBands are the new Disney essential. Not only are they comfortable and a stylish accessory, they are also practical and make your Disney experience even more magical! I recommend taking advantage of all the features it has to offer. With your Magic band you have the key to a relaxing hassle free experience.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!