Is Pedro Pascal preparing to leave a galaxy far, far away? After months of speculation surrounding his Star Wars future, the actor has finally addressed whether Din Djarin’s story is nearing its end.

Now, though, questions about the character’s future have started growing louder.
Lucasfilm’s theatrical slate remains unusually thin by franchise standards. Several previously announced projects have stalled, shifted creatives, or disappeared from public discussion altogether. Even The Mandalorian itself quietly evolved from a Disney+ series into a theatrical release after reports that a fourth season had already been written.

That uncertainty has fueled speculation about whether The Mandalorian and Grogu could serve as Pedro Pascal’s final major appearance as Din Djarin. Chatter around certain songs on the film's soundtrack has only added to that conversation, with fans dissecting track titles for clues about the character’s fate.
Pascal, however, does not sound ready to walk away from Star Wars yet.
Pedro Pascal Opens Up About Leaving Star Wars
During the press tour for The Mandalorian and Grogu, Pascal addressed ongoing rumors surrounding his future in the franchise and whether Din Djarin’s story is nearing its end.
Pedro Pascal says he wants to continue playing The Mandalorian as long as he's alive & audiences still want to see the character.
“Whatever my body can do and however long people want to experience these characters is how long I want it to last.” pic.twitter.com/RfpFgm1KY3
— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) May 15, 2026
“You know, age is a real thing,” he told Discussing Film. “Whatever my body can do, and however long people want to experience these stories with these characters, is how long I want it to last.”
The comment marks Pascal’s clearest public response yet to growing speculation about his potential Star Wars exit.

The actor has spent seven years attached to the character, making Din Djarin the longest-running role of his career. Pascal previously acknowledged that connection during a recent Q&A tied to the film’s rollout.
“It’s the longest creative relationship I’ve had, it's the character that I’ve played the longest,” Pascal said (via Comic Book Movie). “Hopefully, I get to continue playing him for as long as my body, or as many bodies as we put into the suit, can take it.”
Lucasfilm has remained notably vague about what comes after The Mandalorian and Grogu. Jon Favreau reportedly completed scripts for a fourth season before the project transitioned into a theatrical feature, while Dave Filoni’s long-rumored crossover “Mandoverse” movie still has not officially moved forward.
At the same time, Pascal’s co-star Sigourney Weaver recently hinted that those involved with the film expect the story to continue.

“In an ideal world, I'd love to make another ‘Mandalorian and Grogu,' because it was so much fun to work with Jon Favreau,” Weaver said (via Geek Tyrant). “And I'm a huge admirer, and just to be in this world, for me, it was cool.”
She added: “So, I think that, secretly, we're all hoping maybe this could produce another one that would take us further into the Outer Rim and more adventures.”
Lucasfilm's Future Theatrical Plans Remain Unclear
Pascal’s comments arrive during a transitional moment for Lucasfilm overall.
After years of announcing multiple interconnected Star Wars films, the studio currently has very few theatrical projects actively moving toward release. Shawn Levy’s Star Wars: Starfighter, starring Ryan Gosling, remains the next major film currently scheduled after The Mandalorian and Grogu.

Daisy Ridley’s untitled Rey movie is still in development following several reported creative changes and writer departures. The project was first announced at Star Wars Celebration 2023 and is expected to follow Rey rebuilding the Jedi Order after The Rise of Skywalker.
Other previously announced projects remain far less certain.
James Mangold’s film, centered on the origins of the Jedi, was described by former Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy as being “on hold,” while Simon Kinberg continues developing a separate trilogy. Donald Glover’s Lando project and Taika Waititi’s long-discussed Star Wars film technically remain alive, though Kennedy admitted they are only “still somewhat alive.”
That leaves Din Djarin’s long-term future largely dependent on how The Mandalorian and Grogu performs commercially.



