Walt Disney World is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world, and as the plaque over the entrance to Main Street, USA, in the Magic Kingdom states: Here you leave today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy. This most magical place on earth is filled with thrilling rides, sensational stage shows, colorful, musical parades, fireworks every night, a chance to meet and greet your favorite Disney characters, and some of the best snacks and meals in the world. Here is a list of some of the most popular.
10. Fresh Fruit — Who doesn’t like a fresh, crisp, juicy apple, succulent orange, sweet grapes, or a ripe banana for a quick snack? What better place to get the freshest fruit than in Florida, the Sunshine State. With all that sunshine and recurring afternoon rain showers, the fruit is naturally super fresh, juicy, and a great way to cure that craving for a sweet, healthy snack. Fresh fruit is available at all Disney theme parks, water parks, Disney resorts, and Disney Springs.
9. Croissant Doughnut(cronut) — Epcot, World Showcase—This very popular cross between a doughnut and a croissant is found at a small outdoor vendor, the Refreshment Port, located at Epcot’s World Showcase near the Canada Pavilion. The croissant doughnut is a tasty pastry that is sweet, warm, deep fried and topped with cinnamon and sugar. It will literally melt in your mouth, and when you add a scoop of rich, creamy, vanilla ice cream, you will have yourself one incredibly delightful treat.
8. Pretzels — A great way to satisfy that in-between-meal snack craving is to sample one of Disney’s warm, salty, pretzels, which are available at all four theme parks, water parks, Disney resorts, and Disney Springs. These pretzels come in a variety of flavors, or you can get one plain, even without the salt. There are pretzels filled with cream cheese, Jalapeno cheese, or topped with raisins and icing. You can also get dipping sauces ovon the side. The Mickey pretzel is especially popular among the younger guests.
6. Churros — If you’ve never had a churro, you’ve been missing out on a yummy sweet treat like no other. This delectable snack is basically a slightly sweet dough in the shape of a long stick, deep fried, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They are served warm and crispy and are really fun to eat. You can also purchase a chocolate dipping sauce to further excite your taste buds. Churros can be found at various snack carts aroung the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney Springs.
5. Jumbo Turkey Legs — This very popular, iconic snack was introduced to Walt Disney World in the 1980’s and has become a sensational culinary symbol of the Disney Parks. Turkey legs are considered a snack, but they are so large and meaty, they can easily become a meal shared by two people. These mouthwatering jumbo turkey drumsticks are amazingly juicy and tender with a rich smoky flavor. There are only a few locations where you can purchase these delicious turkey treats: snack carts at Frontierland in the Magic Kingsom, Toluca Legs Turkey Co. outdoor vendor at Hollywood Studios, and at the Fife and Drum located at the American Adventure in Epcot/World Showcase.
4. Burgers — I you have a craving for a good old-fashioned hamburger, Walt Disney World Resort has quite a few variations to choose from. Here are a few favorites and where to find them: 1/3 lb. Angus bacon cheeseburger—Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, the Tomorrowland Terrace, both located in Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom, and the Electric Umbrella, Epcot, beef brisket onion burger—the Plaza Restaurant, Main Street, Magic Kingdom, 1/3 lb. Angus onion straw cheddar cheeseburger—Rosie’s All American Outdoor Restaurant, Hollywood Studios, black bean burger—Restaurantosaurus, Animal kingdom, just to name a few. This Spring a new restaurant will be opening at Disney Springs, the D-Luxe Burger, will feature classic style and gourmet burgers.
3. Hot Dogs — Hot dogs can be found all over Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Disney resorts, and Disney Springs. The best place to satisfy your hot dog craving is at Casey’s Corner located on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, near the hub in front of Cinderella’s Castle. There are specialty hot dogs, or you can order one plain and create your own favorite by adding toppings from the fully stocked condiment bar. Corn dog nuggets are also on the menu. The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland is another place to get a great specialty dog, such as the BLT dog topped with bacon, lettuce, and ranch dressing, the Philly cheese steak dog, or the coney Island dog, bopped with chili, onion, and mustard. Another favorite spot to indulge your hot dog craving is at Fairfax Fare outdoor venue at Hollywood Studios.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Frozen Treats — On a hot, humid Florida afternoon, nothing sounds better than a cold, frozen, ice cream treat. You don’t need to look far to find a frozen treat vendor cart. Each frozen treat cart is labeled with several different choices. You can choose from among these favorites: Mickey Mouse premium ice cream bar, frozen lemonade cup, frozen lemonade strawberry bar, or try a scrumptious Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwich. For a more elaborate frozen treat, sundaes, floats, shakes, etc. visit some of these fantastic choices: the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Main Street, Magic Kingdom, Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies, Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom, Beaches & Cream Soda Shop, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop, Disney Springs, just to name a few. Last but not least, you can’t visit Walt Disney World without experiencing one of the best and most refreshing cool treats, the Dole Whip and Dole Whip Float, which can be found at the Aloha Isle outdoor vendor located in Adventureland, Magic Kingdom. Dole Whip is a soft serve in pineapple, vanilla or a swirl; add fresh pineapple juice, and you have a delicious, cool, satisfying treat.
1. Popcorn – Would you believe that Walt Disney World sells over 5 million boxes, bags, and souvenir buckets of popcorn every year and is available at all the theme parks, water parks, Disney resorts, and Disney Springs. It is the #1 snack food, and is the best, in my opinion, in the world. Disney popcorn is vegan and gluten-free, and even though popcorn is naturally gluten-free, at Disney the kernels are popped in a combination of coconut, corn, and canola oil; seasoned with kosher salt, so there are no animal products used. The flavor and freshness of Disney popcorn makes it a very popular walk-around-the-Parks snack, and the souvenir buckets make great souvenirs and collectibles.
A Walt Disney World vacation is for many of us a dream come true, and every visit is a very magical experience. There are so many reasons Disney attracts millions of people every year; the rides, entertainment, characters, and, of course, the food. There are a multitude of dining choices at Walt Disney World, and the fun and excitement is in trying something different every time you go.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: