All you need are a few chords of “When You Wish Upon A Star” and you will instantly feel the need to be walking down Main Street, U.S.A. or relaxing at a Disney Resort. Here is a list (in no particular order) of some reasons to drop everything and head to the vacation capital of the world (or at least plan your next visit):
1. “My kids are growing up too fast!” Walt Disney envisioned a place where families could take part in quality time together, doing activities one could enjoy at any age. Never miss out on the opportunity to experience Disney magic through the eyes of your children. The memories you make with them will impact their futures, so be intentional in the present! If you have the time and money to enjoy Disney, make that investment soon!
2. “I’m missing whimsy in my life!” Oftentimes life can seem dull and boring, or even sad and depressing. A monotonous lifestyle can choke out the beauty and wonder that is evident in the world. Everything Disney has designed gives off a magical expression. The attractions intentionally set out to move you and help you discover that magic. The environments to which you’ll be transported inevitably help you capture that sense of joy and delight you might be missing.
3. “I have a reason to celebrate!” Disney is a great place to recognize special occasions. Cast members know this too and want to help you make special memories to commemorate those personal events. Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, engagement, honeymoon, job promotion, or family reunion, let Disney honor the occasion by taking part in it with them. Don’t be shy about it, either. Make sure to let them know what you are celebrating (usually with an “I’m Celebrating” button)! They want to celebrate with you and will likely throw in extra magical surprises along the way.
4. “I need an escape!” Disney World is just that – a world that’s so much different than everyday life. You truly enter a place that promotes happiness at every interaction. The plaque above the entrance of the Magic Kingdom says as much: “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.” Just remember, once the vacation is over, you’ll have to go back to reality.
5. “I want to explore!” Because of the expansiveness that is Walt Disney World, there are so many opportunities for enjoyment. The theme and water parks are great fun, but there so many hidden nooks and crannies promoting the Disney experience that you may have missed out on during previous visits. Fort Wilderness is a prime example, with horseback riding trails, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue Dinner theatre, and kayak/canoe/boat rental. The Disney restaurants among the resorts are also a worthwhile exploration and not to be overlooked.
6. “I must take advantage of Florida weather!” For those who don’t live within the borders of the Sunshine State, you might get tired of all those viral memes depicting warm weather during autumn and winter months. Trade in the winter coat and boots for tank tops and flip-flops as the climate in Florida is almost always warm. Just make sure to come prepared for the occasional afternoon rain shower… but you’ll trade that in for snow anytime, won’t you?
7. “I want to reconnect with a loved one(s)!” Disney is by no means ‘just for kids.’ Disney might be the perfect environment to romance a spouse or catch up with friends. The rides then become an excuse to talk during your wait times. The atmosphere at night, whether in the parks or at a resort, provide the best ambiance for simple walks. Enjoying the elaborate restaurant experiences together are also tremendously valuable opportunities to reconnect. You should never underestimate the power of Disney magic for this purpose!
8. “There are special events happening at Disney!” Walt Disney World always has something happening with each changing season. Don’t haphazardly visit the parks. Strategically plan your vacation using the calendar that is always updating on their website. Some noteworthy seasonal events are Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (as well as other Christmas celebrations such as the Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot), Night of Joy, Animal Kingdom’s Harambe Nights, Villains Unleashed at the Hollywood Studios, and the myriad of runDisney races throughout the year.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
9. “Someone I know hasn’t been and I need to change that!” It’s always fun to bring a Disney noob to the parks. You get the chance to not only wow them with all your accumulated intel, but also see the park with fresh eyes as they experience things for the first time. Pass on the Disney magic to those who haven’t taken the opportunity to enjoy it and you might benefit from it more than them!
10. “I haven’t been in a while!” If there is one constant at Disney World, it’s that things are always changing. There hasn’t been a time that I can remember visiting a park or resort and not seeing a Disney Dreamers plaque telling me of “refurbishment for my future enjoyment. Consider these quotes, often included on the signs: “There’s enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine” and “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” New Fantasyland is the latest expansion, with several other projects currently in the works to keep you coming back!
Start planning your next Disney trip today with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share their expert advice and their services are totally FREE!