With all the hustle and bustle of planning and executing your perfect vacation to Disney, you will be in need of some well-deserved relaxation too. Disney has some great things to help with the down time planning as well. Make sure not to overlook some of these great ways to put your feet up and enjoy everything vacation and Disney have to offer.
6. A night out – If you are able to, try to plan an adult night out. Some Disney resorts have a children’s area where your children can stay and have some serious fun on their own. Even if that is not your resort, you are still able to reserve your child a spot. Disney can also get you a babysitter too, if you let the front desk know. Once you have childcare taken care of, make sure to go somewhere you wouldn’t visit with your kids. Take advantage of some of the nicer places to eat like Victoria and Albert’s. Take your time enjoying the meal and the few quiet moments too.
5. Taking a dip in the pool – It doesn’t really matter what time of year you visit Disney World. Florida is usually mild in the winter to near melting in the summer. Most resort pools are heated and well maintained throughout the year. They also have hot tubs if you need to relax all those muscles from navigating the crowds at the park. The pools are surrounded by many chairs and umbrellas, so finding a place to recharge should be easy. Don’t forget to stop by one of the pool side bars (open seasonally at some resorts) to get a one-of-a kind Disney cocktail before soaking up some sun and maybe catching a few Z’s.
4. Greens galore – If relaxing on the links is your idea of taking a break, then Disney has you covered with some beautiful golf courses. These don’t normally need to be booked ahead of time either, so if you just decide on a whim to hit a few balls, call the front desk of your resort and they can get it all organized for you. There is also putt-putt golf for those of you who are less serious golfers.
3. Try to stay for a longer amount of time – I realize this may not be in the cards for everyone. But if at all possible, try to make your stay at Disney at least a week. It will help you plan and get to all the great things on your to-do list without the added stress of not enough time. Plus it will allow you to work in those down-times into your day so you can come back to the resort for a mid-day break before hitting the pavement for a night at the parks. If you can’t stay more than 5 days, try to plan your trip so that you stay at one park for each day. It will help you feel less frantic if you can plan one whole day at each park. All the Disney World parks have some quiet areas to refresh and regroup so you can finish the day off strong.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. Low-key recreation – If you are looking for something fun to do that is still relaxing, make sure to check out some of the other resorts and what they offer. You can take a walk through the nature trails or a boat ride at Wilderness Lodge. If you like things a little wild, go visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge for great viewing of the animals in their natural surroundings. You can book a guided fishing trip on one of Disney’s many lakes or rent bikes for a stroll around a resort.
1. Say it with me, SPA DAY – if you are looking for the ultimate way to take it easy at Disney then book a visit to one of several spas located at the resorts. You can book everything from massages to manicures. You could go for just a few hours or make a day of it. Regardless of what you decide to have done while you are there, it is guaranteed that you will feel more relaxed and recharged and ready to spend more time in the parks.
Just remember your Disney vacation doesn’t have to be go, go, go all the time. In all your planning, make sure to take time to relax. When it comes to the total vacation, Disney has you covered from the “hurry up and let’s get going”, to the “ahh, time to take it easy”. So make sure you take advantage and enjoy.