Do you have someone in your family who loves golf, but is not so gung-ho about a trip to Disney? Once you introduce them to the golf paradise that is Walt Disney World, they’ll be raring to go! Here are 5 reasons why your golfer will want to book a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!
5) Disney World has 4 (wow!) golf courses, three outstanding championship golf courses and a par-36 walking course. These courses were part of the PGA Tour for 42 years from 1971 -2012. Walt Disney World golf courses are run by Arnold Palmer Golf Management, so you know these courses are operated by golfers, for golfers. The Disney courses consist of the Palm, Magnolia and Oak Trail Golf Courses (across from Disney’s Polynesian Resort), and the Lake Buena Vista course (near Downtown Disney/Saratoga Springs Resort). No matter how long you’re staying at Disney, your golfer will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy themselves. Green fees start at $45 per person, and include a golf cart. Club rentals are available.
4) If you are staying at a Disney World resort hotel, Disney will provide complimentary transportation to the golf courses for you. Contact bell services the night prior and let them know what course you are playing and your scheduled tee time. Bell services will give you a voucher for cab fare, and will also make sure there is a taxi waiting to take you to the course.
3) Disney World resort guests can book tee times as early as 90 days ahead of time. Day guests (those not staying at a Disney resort) can book up to 60 days out. Group Outings can be arranged by calling (407)454-5000, or by email: [email protected] You can even book a private lesson with a PGA professional!
2) Is your Disney golfer a professional (in their own mind) or a hacker, LOL!?! No matter what level of player your favorite golfer is, there is a Disney course designed for him/her. The Magnolia Golf Course is the longest of the Walt Disney World Resort golf courses and is quite challenging. 11 of the 18 holes boast water hazards and the entire course has 97 bunkers! At the Lake Buena Vista course, you can test you skills at the demanding 7th hole with its island green. Need something a little less challenging? Try the Palm course. Disney’s Palm Golf Course is rated 4 stars by Golf Digest and includes 9 water hazards and 94 bunkers—providing plenty of challenges for novices and seasoned pros alike. Want to take the whole family on a golf outing? Try the Oak Trail course, an enjoyable 9-hole, par-36 walking course, perfect for youngsters and novices.
1) No golfer wants to land in a bunker, but at Disney you do! Well, at least once! At the Magnolia course, one of the bunkers is shaped like Mickey Mouse himself! Your round of golf would not be complete without chipping out of Mickey’s ear!