Did you know that Disney Cast Members communicate with secret codes? Here are just a few of our favorites:
1. Code 101 — This code is used when a ride has to close for any reason. Cast members do not want to use words like “shut down” or “closed”.
2. Code 102 — This is a happy code. It means the ride that was closed is now open again.
3. Code “P” — This code is used to request custodial maintenance on a ride for “certain embarrassing mishaps” on a ride or attraction.
4. Code “V|” — Along the same lines as Code “P”, this code is a custodial request for “whoops, I ate too much” cleanup on a ride or attraction.
5. “Signal 70” — This is one code that hopefully is used very little because it signals a lost child.
6. “Signal 25” — This is another code cast members do not want to use very often. It signals a fire.
1. ADR — Advanced Dining Reservations
2. AK — Animal Kingdom
3. MK — Magic Kingdom
4. HS — Hollywood Studios
5. EC — Epcot
6. WS — World Showcase
7. CM — Cast Member
8. DDP — Disney Dining Plan
9. CS — Counter Service (part of Disney Dining Plan)
10. QS — Quick Service (part of Disney Dining Plan)
11. TS — Table Service (part of Disney Dining Plan)
12. CRO — Central Reservations Office (handling Resort and Dining reservations)
13. ECV — Electronic Convenience Vehicle (electric wheelchair/scooter)
14. FP+ -Fast Pass+ – This program allows guests to select Fast Pass attractions before you leave home, and with a special ap, you can make changes using your mobile phone.
15. MB — Magic Bands — These are secure all-in-one wristbands that link with your Disney Vacation account, and with a simple touch to a sensor, you can access your Disney Resort Hotel, enter theme and water parks, check in at Fast Pass+ entrances, connect Photo Pass images to your account, and charge food and merchandise to your account, all with a simple touch.
16. WED — Walter Elias Disney—The greatest Imagineer and Creator of the “happiest” and “most magical” places on this earth)!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
These are just a few of the special codes and abbreviations used by Disney cast members and Management. It is another way Disney keeps the “happy and magic” alive and well in the Disney theme and water parks.
So, the next time you visit WDW, don’t forget your MB’s, and use those FP+’s and ADR’s, and enjoy your visit to the MK, AK, HS, EC, AND WS!
Start planning your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE!
Photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper