The Seas with Nemo and Friends is an attraction at Walt Disney World’s Epcot that is based on the Pixar film Finding Nemo. Not only does this attraction offer a fun family friendly ride, but you also get the chance to experience a large variety of marine life. Here are the top ten reasons you will adore ‘The Seas with Nemo and Friends’!
1. As you travel through Future World in Epcot and approach The Seas with Nemo and Friends, the first thing you will see is a large building and right in front are the main characters of Nemo, including the sea gulls welcoming you with their classic quote: “Mine? Mine!”. Once you enter make sure to check out all the small details as you walk to the ride experience.
2. Can you find Nemo?! Your journey in The Seas starts with climbing aboard a “clamobile;” plunging you into the ocean and through the story of Finding Nemo! This is a really fun ride that all ages will enjoy; you will feel like you are part of the story of Finding Nemo. You’ll get to see Bruce the shark, the jellyfish field and even ride the East Australian Current with some rad sea turtles. The ride features the characters of Finding Nemo being projected into a 5.7 million gallon salt-water aquarium.
3. The Seas features a 5.7 million gallon salt-water aquarium with an incredible amount of marine life. You can see giant Spotted Eagle Rays, schools of fish from several species, Sand Bar Sharks, Sea turtles, Bottle Nosed Dolphins and even a hidden Mickey on the bottom of the exhibit (sea if you can find it!) There are over 6,000 animals in this exhibit. Make sure you walk all the way around the aquarium and check out the real life animals that inspired the characters in the film! Also keep your eye out for hands on activities provided by cast members that teach little ones about marine biology.
4. Did you know that the Florida state marine mammal is the Florida Manatee? Manatees are amazing marine mammals that reside all around Florida, in the ocean and even in freshwater in the winter. The Sea with Nemo and Friends has a manatee exhibit, where you can see these huge amazing animals up close and personal. The manatees at the Seas are rescues that are being rehabilitated to return to the wild someday (the most common injury is being hit by a boat sadly). To see the manatees at their most active times, check the board at the exhibit or ask a cast member about feeding times and keeper talks!
5. Bruce the shark and his friends are some of the best characters of Finding Nemo! Bruce has his own area in the Seas called Bruce’s sub house. This is a fun interactive area geared towards children. Here you will find a life sized Bruce, climb into his mouth and get a great picture! There is a cast member available, don’t forget they are more than happy to take a picture with their cameras and your own camera or phone. His shark friends Chum and Anchor are available for pictures as well. There is also a small maze for little ones to go through with different information on sharks. Along the walls are also computer games for older children (or the child in us) that are all related to shark biology and anatomy and what we can do to save them!
6. Turtle Talk with Crush – duuude! People of all ages will love this interactive experience with Crush the sea turtle. The 152 year old turtle talks to guests in the audience directly. He can ask guest questions and also take questions from guests during the talk. Crush keeps this experience fun and will give you and your friends and family lots of laughs!
7. Looking for a finer dinning experience with a great view? Try the Coral Reef Restaurant! This restaurant is open for lunch (11:30 am – 3:30 pm) and for dinner (4:00 pm – 9:00 pm). The plates range in price from $30 to $50 per person, but you will be eating in a room surrounded by the 5.7 million gallon aquarium. You will be able to watch the fish; rays, sharks swim by as you are enjoying your meal. Make sure you make a reservation, as this is a very popular restaurant and can fill up quickly any day of the week!
8. Have you ever dreamed about being able to swim with the fish? Well at The Seas with Nemo and Friends you can! If you are 8 years or older you can experience the seas from inside the 5.7 million gallon exhibit. Snorkel gear is provided (although you can bring your own mask if you have one). All you need is a swimsuit and a towel! No cameras or jewelry are allowed in the exhibit. This jawesome experience is available for $140 per person, you must make reservations in advance by calling (407) 939-8687.
9. Are you a certified SCUBA diver and at least 10 years old? Well then you can experience the Seas with Nemo and Friends underwater, swimming with rays, sharks and over 6,000 other marine creatures. Epcot’s Dive Quest is an amazing experience for people who are SCUBA certified. The cost of this experience is $175 per person. You will need to bring your certification card, bathing suit and your personal mask if you wish. No cameras or jewelry are allowed in the exhibit. If you need to cancel you must do so 2 days before your scheduled dive or there is no refund. This is a great dive, where you get to swim wherever you like in the exhibit with dive masters as your guides. There is a videographer in the water and they create a great edited DVD for purchase if you choose to do so at the end of your experience. The total experience is 3 hours, with 40 minutes dive time. If you have friends or family who do not dive, they will be able to see you and get great pictures from the gallery. You must make reservations in advance by calling (407) 939-8687.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
10. We all know, no Disney experience would be complete without a gift shop. The Sea gift shop has a great variety of Finding Nemo inspired gifts, toys, clothes and more. There are also several ocean related gifts, books and toys in this gift shop. Many items found in this particular gift shop are not found at other retail shops in the park so make sure you take some time to check it out!
Now get there, dive in dudes and find out what you’ll adore most about The Seas with Nemo and Friends!
Bonus tip: As a certified dive master I have personally done Epcot’s Dive Quest at the Seas and I would personally recommend this to any SCUBA certified divers!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!