If you are new to the Walt Disney World experience, you might not know about the many fine dining opportunities available on your Disney vacation, both in the theme parks and the Disney resort hotels. One of those restaurants is Narcoossee’s at Disney’s flagship hotel, The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Here are 10 Things We Love About Narcoossee’s Restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
10 Things We Love About Narcoossee’s Restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
1) Spectacular views – How would you like to have Cinderella Castle in your view as you dine? If you time your dinner just right, you can watch the Wishes fireworks show or the Electrical Water Pageant as you enjoy a great meal. No matter when you go, you will enjoy panoramic lagoon views of Bay Lake, situated in front of the Magic Kingdom.
2) Coastal Cuisine – Narcoossee’s serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood from both local waters and around the globe, including the popular whole-steamed Maine lobster. For land-based fare, savor filet mignon or the New York strip, free-range chicken or delicious vegetarian selections. For the best of both worlds, select the pairing of steak and butter-poached lobster tail.
3) Brunch – Offered on Sundays between 10am and 2pm, you can begin with your choice of a specialty beverage—champagne, mimosa, Bloody Mary or an alcohol-free smoothie—along with a basket of fresh pastries for the table. Then, enjoy flavorful appetizers, including a mouth-watering onion soup gratinée, a scrumptious selection of artisanal cheese and more. You can choose from several delectable entrées that range from freshly caught fish and brioche French toast to lobster eggs benedict and savory chicken and waffles, among other tasty dishes. To round off your meal, you’ll want to try a tempting trio of desserts!
4) Beverages & Cocktails – Before, during or after your meal, enjoy tasty and refreshing beverages and cocktails, such as premium coffees and teas, wines and liquors.
5) A Chance to Dress Up – Narcoossee’s does have a dress code: Men: khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional. Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts. If you’re celebrating a special occasion, Narcoossee’s would be a great place to dress up and enjoy a fine dining experience.
6) The Grand Floridian – One of the best reasons to dine at Narcoossee’s is a chance to visit the Grand Floridian resort and its beautiful lobby. Go early or stay late, grab a comfortable seat in the lobby and just breath in the luxury! If you’re lucky, you might enjoy the music of a string quartet or a concert pianist. At Christmas time, be sure to check out the life-size gingerbread house. It is a fairly short walk from the main building to the restaurant.
7) Show Kitchen – Once you step inside the restaurant, the view to your left will be of the busy show kitchen. You will get a chance to see some of the dishes waiting to go out to the dining room and it may affect your decision on what you eat that night.
8) Seating Area – The seating area is stepped, so you have tables on the lower level and tables on the upper level. This basically allows for great viewing for everyone. You may prefer a window table when you can get it, but these are mainly four-tops, so if you’re a couple, go during a non-busy hour (before 6:30pm or after the fireworks) and request a window table when you check in.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
9) Mural – One of my favorite parts of the decor at Narcoossee’s is the gorgeous two-story watercolor mural behind the bar. The “cool” colors depicting a water-side setting is gorgeous and gives a real height to the restaurant as it draws your eye up.
10) Children’s Menu – This is Walt Disney World, so they always cater to families. Whether your kids have a sophisticated palate or just want the basics, the children’s menu has you covered. Choices include filet mignon, cheeseburger and chicken nuggets. Your kids should enjoy both the food and the views.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: