A Better Question may be – what is not to love? But I am sure that we can narrow this down a bit. Many people do not know all of the different ways to enjoy the Walt Disney World resort. There is a lot to do for all ages and interests, you may need to do a bit of reading on your favorite device to find what interests YOU! As far as what interests us, Read On.
1. Going to the Food and Wine Festival Events every Fall. This is the 20th year of this Epcot classic, with great food and drink and lots of great extras like wine tasting or checking out new recipe demos. If you are more into eating than preparing, check out the 20 to 25 food booths lining the Epcot World Showcase. We always preview the list of booths to pace ourselves over several days. I love the cooking demos by some of the restaurant chefs.
2. Dining with an Imagineer. Have lunch with one of the Disney Imagineers and ask them about what they do. This is held at the Hollywood Brown Derby at lunchtime, so the food choices are always very yummy. The Imagineers are all different so it is always interesting to ask them about what projects and attractions they have or are working on, what the company is really like and maybe how they got started. We have had occasion to have lunch with 2 very interesting Imagineers.
3. Chilling out in Typhoon Lagoon Lazy River. Grab a tube and float around the heated water in the river of this epic Disney water park. Do look out for those pesky water hazards. OR if you are more adventurous, Hang out in the Wave pool. Those 7 foot waves hit the beach and are very cooling in the hot Florida sun. Bring your sunscreen, but we enjoy a day away from the main parks for resting up.
4. Shopping at World of Disney. The one stop shopping for all your souvenir needs. Make a list though, you could get lost in the multiple rooms. My favorite is the jewelry room.
5. Having a Cobb Salad made at your table by the waitstaff at Hollywood Brown Derby. MMM, there is nothing like it! Save room for the dessert. Check out “3 Reasons The Brown Derby is Disney’s Hollywood Studios Best Restaurant.”
6. Having Dinner at Be Our Guest! The food is wonderful, the ambience stunning. We enjoy getting dressed up and taking pictures with the Beast in the library after.
7. Taking pictures of the fireworks over the castle. There are many great places to get some nice pictures. We have tried quite a few angles: from the water on a fireworks cruise, from the Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower or right in front of the castle during the Halloween party. We have not managed to get tickets for the Fireworks dessert party yet, but it is on our list.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
8. Going to the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Everyone has a great time returning to their childhood in costume and Trick or Treating around the Magic Kingdom. My favorite costume to wear is Minnie Mouse. We are big on Disney Princess garb.
9. Going to the SPA for a pedicure. Saratoga Springs has a great spa time, we are trying out the Grand Floridian this fall. We like to take time to rest on the heated lounges too.
10. Going to Afternoon Tea at The Grand Floridian. We have been to Tea several times and it is always a beautiful setting and a more quiet way to spend and afternoon. We take time to shop in the shops at the Floridian before or after.
11. Riding our favorite attractions – Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Soarin’, Test Track, Star Tours, Kilamanjaro Safaris. Going back to park basics, some rides you just have to ride every time you come.
12. Taking a Backstage Tour. My favorite thing to do on vacation is learn more about my favorite vacation spot. Backstage Magic, Keys to the Kingdom, Gardens of World Showcase, Undiscovered Future World, Backstage Safari, Dolphins in Depth, Holiday D-Lights, yes we have been on a few. Love them ALL. Our tour guides have all been super.
Well, these are a few of our favorite things, what are yours ?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!