Fast Passes are a great way to help get around the parks without having to spend most of your day in lines. While some line wait times aren’t so bad, others can last an hour or longer. Make sure you don’t waste your Fast Passes or time by selecting these options when planning your next Walt Disney World vacation:
14. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Magic Kingdom – This competitive attraction is fun for all ages! The wait time for this ride isn’t always super long, but can hike up to forty-five minutes or an hour depending on how busy the park gets. You can usually obtain a Fast Pass for this ride the day of your trip, so my recommendation would be to gauge it by the wait times listed throughout the week on the My Disney Experience app. But if you’re not into thrill rides and don’t need to Fast Pass some of the coasters, then Space Ranger spin is a great option for you!
13. Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom – Kilimanjaro Safaris is a beautiful safari ride through Animal Kingdom where live animals may or may not come right up to your safari car, which is what draws in quite a crowd for this attraction! Wait times are usually anywhere between thirty and sixty minutes depending on the time of day.
12. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom – One of the famous Magic Kingdom Mountains, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a great ride that provides some thrills while still being family friendly; this ride is less likely to scare away kids like the pitch black Space Mountain would! Usually around a forty-five to sixty minute wait time, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a popular Frontierland attraction and isn’t too far from the even more popular Splash Mountain. If you want to feel the wind through your hair but don’t want anything too thrilling then Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would be a great option to Fast Pass!
11. Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom – The River Rapids generate a great crowd and are a must for Fast Passes at Animal Kingdom. Kali River Rapids are a great way to cool down on a hot day – just be prepared to get soaking wet! Avoid standing in the heat for an hour while you wat to go on this ride by getting a Fast Pass ahead of time.
10. Rockin’ Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios – If you like big coasters and rock and roll, then the Rockin’ Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios featuring Aerosmith is perfect for you! As one of the few thrill rides at Hollywood Studios, Rockin’ Roller Coaster can get a very long line and therefore a Fast Pass is a must.
9. Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom – Everyone wants to escape from the Yeti, especially with Animal Kingdom’s few rides that they do have for thrills. This one even takes you backwards! Don’t just beat the Yeti but fifty minutes worth of line by getting a Fast Pass for this iconic Animal Kingdom attraction.
8. Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom – Drop over 50 feet down Splash Mountain – and risk getting a little wet – in Frontierland, but don’t wait forever to take that coveted plunge! Like Kali River Rapids, this ride is a great way to cool off on a hot day, but make sure you aren’t waiting over an hour to do such!
7. Test Track at Epcot – If you’ve got a need for speed, then Test Track is the grand prix of Disney rides! Test Track’s line isn’t always very long – I’ve seen it as short as twenty or thirty minutes – but sometimes can become quite lengthy, especially compared to some of the other things to do at Epcot since a lot of attractions there you can just walk right on! When selecting your three Fast Passes for the day, Test Track is definitely not something to forget.
6. Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios – Midway Mania is a fan favorite, so if you don’t have a Fast Pass for this ride that has captured the hearts of kids and adults alike, then be prepared to wait in a line that has been as long as two hours or longer! This 3D Toy Story attraction with competitive midway games is full of fun for the whole family and should be included in every trip to Hollywood Studios.
5. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios – If you have a fear of elevators then you might want to avoid this ride, but if you need to check in to this hotel then make sure you don’t wait an hour to get your room. This ride is much more fun if you “drop” right on in, and a Fast Pass can certainly help!
4. Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom – Paging Mister Morrow, Mister Tom Morrow… Like the other Magic Kingdom Mountains, Space Mountain is a classic and a must do for thrill seekers in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland. However, your journey into space could take an hour or longer if you don’t Fast Pass this ride!
3. Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom – This classic attraction lets you fly over Neverland – but be sure to get a Fast Pass for it! While obtaining a Fast Pass for Peter Pan’s Flight isn’t too difficult, the wait time for this ride is always extremely high, usually at an hour or longer. If you don’t mind skipping the interactive queue line to save some time, getting a Fast Pass for Peter Pan’s Flight is in your best interest.
2. Soarin’ at Epcot – Soarin’ is a wonderful ride experience for people who like any intensity level, but the popularity of this ride has caused quite a high demand for Fast Passes and long wait times! In my experience, Soarin’s wait time is usually upwards of an hour and a half, so getting a Fast Pass for this staple Epcot attraction is a must! Watch out – these Fast Passes can fill up fast!
1. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom – Heigh ho, heigh ho, it’s off to a long wait we go! If you’re spending a day at the Magic Kingdom, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland is a must but the wait time is usually around or over an hour and a half! Getting Fast Passes for this ride can be very difficult since it has such a high demand, so be sure to plan super ahead and constantly check for openings if you don’t get it.
Also remember that once you’ve used up all three Fast Passes for the day, if you visit a Fast Pass Kiosk, you can get more! A little bit of planning ahead can save you hours.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!