Disney’s Animal Kingdom is one of the four theme parks available to guests at the Walt Disney World resort and it’s the best park to visit if you’re looking for a ‘wild’ experience! With an abundance of shows, attractions, meet and greets and dining choices, there’s no way you won’t have a great time while exploring the kingdom. In order to make the most of your trip, here are five tips for experiencing Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
5. Take pictures in lesser known areas – Disney’s Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks to take pictures in because of how naturally beautiful it is. While one of the best photos is, of course, in front of the Tree of Life, there are other beautiful parts of the park that you can get equally good pictures of! One of my favorite spots to take pictures in is a little pathway that leads to the BEST view, in my opinion, of Tree of Life. Located near the theatre that houses Flights of Wonder, the little pathway is sort of hidden and usually not very populated. I also love taking pictures on the bridge that takes you from Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain to Finding Nemo: The Musical. If you want a really awesome Everest picture, stand in the little clearing to the right of the attraction entrance.
4. Utilize the Fastpass+ system – One of the biggest mistakes someone can make when on a Disney trip is not making fastpasses, which are free! Disney’s Animal Kingdom offers fastpasses for many of their attractions and shows. Securing fastpasses for their more popular experiences will help you maximize your time. Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain is the most popular attraction in the park, so I would highly suggest getting a fastpass for it!
3. Take plenty of breaks – Disney’s Animal Kingdom is, quite honestly, the hottest park on property. It always feels at least five to ten degrees hotter there than at any other park on property, which means you can get tired pretty quickly. Taking breaks is a must when you’re visiting Animal Kingdom, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop experiencing the magic! This would be an excellent opportunity to check out the different shows the park offers, such as Disney’s Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo: The Musical. Both shows are proof that Disney is the best in the entertainment industry—I promise you’ll love them!
2. Have a park map handy– Animal Kingdom is the largest park on Walt Disney World property, which means it can get a little confusing when you’re trying to get around! Having a park map while you’re walking around will make it a lot easier to locate all of the attractions and shows you want to experience throughout the day. This is also a great way to pick out where you’d like to stop and eat during your trip. If you prefer, you can also download the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone, which gives you all of the same information. You can also access wait times on the app, which will help you plan your day. A new feature also gives you directions to any place in the park, which is really helpful if you find yourself a little lost!
1. Stay hydrated – This is the most important tip to remember when you plan on experiencing Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Because the park gets extremely hot, especially during the summer months, it can be very easy to become dehydrated quickly. Dehydration can lead to other health problems, which can put a big damper on your day and your trip. Having a water bottle you can consistently fill up will help you battle dehydration throughout the day. If you don’t have a water bottle, that’s okay—all quick service locations will give you a cup of ice water for free, just ask! Also, if you plan on drinking while in the park, since they do serve alcohol, make sure you have a cup of water with it as well.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a special park filled with plenty of things to do, see and taste! Because there are so many things to experience, it definitely pays to have some friendly tips to follow to maximize all of your time. By staying hydrated, having some plans and utilizing all of the resources Disney has provided at no additional cost, you can have the best time exploring the wild at DAK.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
You May Also Like: