1. Disney Skyliner – as Disney tempts more and more people to visit the resort, they must deal with their infrastructure problem so they can quickly and easily shuttle guests are between the parks and the resorts. Currently, guests can get where they need to go through bus, boat, monorail, Minnie Van, and good old-fashioned walking. The Disney Skyliner will transport guests from Epcot and Hollywood Studios to several resorts: Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, Art of Animation, and finally, the new Disney Riviera Resort. Not only will this transportation system ease the demands on other forms of transportation, it will also offer new, stunning views of various areas of the parks!
2. New Resorts – Disney increasingly wants to plus the guest experience and attract their guests to stay on property. In addition to ongoing refurbishments to existing resorts, guests will soon be able to experience new resorts on their vacations. Disney Vacation Club just opened new cabins at Wilderness Lodge on the shores of Bay Lake. In the months to come, guests will be able to experience new rooms at Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs, as well as stay at the new Disney Riviera Resort and the immersive Star Wars Resort! Once complete, Disney will continue their construction with a rumored DVC resort at Fort Wilderness on the site of the former River Country Water Park! With so many options, guests better start saving now!
3. Ratatouille Attraction –coming to the France Pavilion in Epcot, this attraction will be based on the wildly popular attraction that already is open to the public at the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris. Guests will still be able to experience everything that already exists in France, as well as this wonderful attraction. Construction is moving quickly, so guests can expect to be making FastPass+ selections for this ride in the very near future!
4. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway – replacing one of the opening day attractions at Hollywood Studios, guests will soon be able to ride this unique addition to the park. Guests will be taken on an adventure in “two and a half-D” starring our favorite characters. It is rumored that Disney will also utilize their trackless ride system to give guests a unique experience progressing through the attraction, as well as a smoother ride than a traditional track-based system. Guests will also be able to experience Mickey and friends in the current animated state and introducing them to the newly drawn characters!
5. Galaxy’s Edge – the largest remaining addition coming to the parks is the addition of Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios! Guests visiting will be ushered into a deeply themed world of the Black Spire Outpost. Guests will explore two brand-new attractions, as well as discover a whole new world populated with characters and creatures to enhance their journey. Disney hopes to open this new area of the Studios by the end of 2019, so guests should consider asking Santa for some opening day FastPass+ selections for Christmas this year!
We love seeing the parks change and evolve to the desires of guests. While it is sad to see old favorites give way to new additions, we are excited to see these additions, as well as the additions still to come in 2020 and 2021! What are you most excited to see coming to the parks in the next two years?