Walt Disney World parks provide magical experiences for you and your family to enjoy. Staying at a Walt Disney World resort provides an extra fun factor to your trip to Disney World. Read below 5 reasons why staying at a Walt Disney World Resort is a lot more fun than staying at an off site hotel!
5 Reasons Why Walt Disney World Resorts Are a Lot More Fun Than Staying Off Site!
5. Proximity and Transportation: The Walt Disney World resorts were built to be in very close proximity to the parks. This is a definite advantage to staying at a Disney resort. This proximity not only allows for easy access to the parks, but also, allows groups to split up if necessary. For example, if members of your family need to take an afternoon nap, it’s much easier to do if you are staying at a Walt Disney World resort. Some resorts are even in walking distance to the parks. Walt Disney World resorts also offer transportation to and from the parks, including water parks and even Disney Springs. The buses run before and after park hours and provide for a nice ride into the park. This can eliminate the need to rent a car and pay for parking at the parks. Disney’s Magical Express also provides transportation to and from the Orlando airport, so if you are arriving from out of town you can take this bus straight to your resort! All of this transportation is available free of charge when you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort.
4. Themes: Staying at a Walt Disney World resort is a fun way to extend the magic of the parks. All of the resorts are themed in different ways, but they all feel less like a hotel and more like a resort or even a theme park. For example, the Art of Animation Resort has a walkway filled with life sized and sometimes larger than life statues of your favorite animated characters. Pools and playgrounds are Disney themed and provide an additional magical experience for your family to enjoy. Even small details, like the lights or bedding in your resort room have that special Disney touch that makes them so much fun to stay in!
3. Shopping and dinning: One of most fun things about visiting Disney is to do a little shopping. One of the advantages of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort is that you can have what you purchase at the parks sent directly to your hotel room. This eliminates having to carry extra things around as you explore the parks. Disney resorts also offer their own shops and special items to purchase inside the resort. Resorts also offer amazing restaurants and special dinning experiences for guests. Some resorts offer character dinning, while others are themed to the resort and provide delicious meals throughout the day.
2. Events: Cast members work hard to provide fun activities for children at the resorts, their pools, and more. There are schedules available at all of the resorts and there are different events happening at almost all times during the day. If you need a break from the park or just want to try a fun activity, Walt Disney World resorts provide this for your and your family. One of my favorite things while staying at a Disney resort was the “Dive In” movie nights. At night, the resort would project a Disney movie on a giant screen near the pool. You could float in your inner tube or relax in a lounger and enjoy a movie outside.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Extra Magic Hours: Staying at a Walt Disney World resort offers guests extra magic hours. Extra magic hours are when the parks are open early or late for resort guests only. These are a great way to take advantage of the parks. The lines are much shorter at these times and the parks are less crowded. Whether you like to be up early, or stay up late, extra magic hours are an amazing way to get more magic incorporated into your trip!
These are just 5 ways staying at a Walt Disney World resort is more fun than staying offsite! Do you have any fun things to add to our list?
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!