Being a Disney Insider means that you are a pro at visiting the parks and getting the best out of your time and money! Read below 5 of our Disney insider secrets you should know.
5. Best Times to Visit The Parks: The best time to visit the parks varies and can depend on what you want to see. For fall and Halloween lovers, September and October are the best times to visit the park. If you love the winter holidays November and December are the best times to visit. September is a great month to visit the parks; most states go back to school during this time so we see that the parks get a little less crowded. Anytime there is a break for students or adults the parks do become more crowded (like holidays or the summer months). With that being said, if possible the parks are usually less crowded during weekdays, than weekends. When planning your next Disney trip try and have some of your days in the parks during the week. If you use the Disney Fast Pass system you can still enjoy the parks even on the busiest of days. Read our article here on how to use this system.
4. Magic Kingdom Rope Drop: Arriving at Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning is a wonderful way to start your day at the parks. There is a special ceremony that happens every morning before the rope drops and the park opens. This ceremony involves fireworks, the Magic Kingdom train and some very special visitors. You will be able to see Mickey Mouse, Mary Poppins and many more as they wave at you above the main gates of the Magic Kingdom. It is a magical time to be the first to enter the park!
3. Transportation Secrets: If you decide to eat at a meal at Magic Kingdom or Epcot resort you can actually take a “secret” way into the parks afterwards. There is a monorail track that runs from the Magic Kingdom resorts and restaurants, like the Polynesian, and from Epcot resorts will take you to the parks. This is a great way to try new places to eat and take a faster way into the parks and skip the ticket and transportation center. There are also entrances for Epcot located near the Boardwalk Resort that will place you right inside World Showcase. For Animal Kingdom there is an entrance to the park located inside the Rainforest Café.
2. Spots to Rest: One our favorite new spots to take a break, and maybe even a surprise character visit are the sculpted gardens located near the Central Plaza in front of Cinderella’s castle. These new additions provide a great spot to stop and rest in the sun and enjoy some people or cloud watching. The trees and other flora are sculpted and look beautiful. If you are visiting Animal Kingdom, there are many cave like places that are located throughout the park. There is a very nice one close to the main bridge before Discovery Island where you can relax and enjoy birds and waterfalls. In Epcot Innoventions is a great place to rest and cool off. There are benches located inside, along with many activities for children and adults to do as well.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
1. Reservations and Fast Pass Plus: Any Disney Insider will tell you it’s typically not a good idea to go to a park and “wing it”. Reservations at the different restaurants, especially the popular ones, can be hard to get when you are there in person. Plan out your trip before you go. Now with the My Disney Experience App you can make dinning reservations, select rides and events you want to see and have a whole schedule before you leave the comfort of your home or hotel. It is highly recommend to make a reservation, even when dining at a resort restaurant. Check out our article on dining reservations for more information. To find out more about the Fast Pass system click here.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!
Photo courtesy of Disney Photo Snapper