When people think of resorts at Walt Disney World, they usually immediately think of the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian Resorts. These resorts are wonderful, but are closest to the Magic Kingdom – but what about Epcot? Epcot also has some amazing resorts nearby at Disney’s Boardwalk, so make sure you don’t miss out on some of these little known facts about these resorts that can sometimes be overlooked by Disney rookies or infrequent visitors.
7. Swan and Dolphin are not owned or operated by Walt Disney World: Even though the Swan and Dolphin are located in the Boardwalk, these two resorts are not owned or operated by Disney. The Swan and Dolphin resort hotels are operated by Sheraton Hotels brand and is owned by MetLife and the Tishman Hotel Corporation. This means that sometimes you can get a better deal on these hotels if you book them through external hotel finders than you would be able to on other deluxe priced Disney resorts!
6. They’re also close to Hollywood Studios: Many people don’t realize just how close Epcot and Hollywood Studios are to each other. The resorts at Disney’s Boardwalk are smack dab in the middle of the two parks, making it extremely convenient for guests to visit both parks! The Friendship Boats will take you to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios and it makes stops at the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club, and Swan and Dolphin resorts on the way.
5. The Caribbean Beach Resort is an Epcot resort, but separate from the rest: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is also one of the Epcot area resorts, but isn’t located at the Boardwalk. Caribbean Beach is the only moderate priced resort of the bunch, but make sure you don’t get lost looking for it at the Boardwalk – you’ll find it closer to Typhoon Lagoon!
4. There are tons of different activities: Many people don’t realize just how much there is to do at some of the Epcot area resorts, especially the Boardwalk area! The Boardwalk has various places to either sit down for a meal or grab a quick bite to eat, places to shop for Disney Parks merchandise, and there are plenty of different entertainment options. Magicians will hang out at night and perform tricks. You can rent a boat and go bass fishing or you can dance the night away after the kids have gone to bed at the piano bar, Jellyrolls!
3. One of the pools is exclusive: Have you ever dreamed of swimming in a sand-bottomed pool? Then you might want to consider a stay at the Yacht and Beach Club! Stormalong Bay is only available for guests to this resort, unlike the rest of the pools at Walt Disney World that you can use regardless of which Disney resort you are staying at.
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Disney travel deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius! Discover More >
2. You can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios: The resorts at Disney’s Boardwalk not only offer rides on the Friendship Boats to get to and from the resorts and the parks, but you can also walk! The Boardwalk is a very short walk across a bridge to Epcot, where you can enter through the International Gateway. There is also a walking trail through the Boardwalk resorts that will take you to Hollywood Studios in a short time. No need for a car when you can walk – and if you’re tired at the end of the night and don’t want to walk, the boat is always an option too!
1. You can see IllumiNations from them: Depending on where your room is, you might be able to have a nice view of IllumiNations from some of the Epcot area resorts! Many rooms at these resorts, especially the Swan and Dolphin, have amazing views of the World Showcase and Spaceship earth, so it’s a great way to enjoy the fireworks away from the massive crowds at Epcot.
While we love all of the resorts at Walt Disney World equally, the ones near Epcot definitely have something to offer for families, couples, and groups of friends and are extremely convenient for not one park, but two!
BONUS TIP: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like Mickey Travels. They’ll help you get the best Walt Disney World deal, share expert advice and their services are totally FREE! It’s genius!